ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question out of the five alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase. Its an old trick I learned a long time ago, sometime I'll teach you, but right now we have a bigger fish to fry.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 20 | Tags: vocabulary     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question out of the five alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase.

Its an old trick I learned a long time ago, sometime I'll teach you, but right now we have a bigger fish to fry.

1). Can do much better than this 
2). Capable but not willing to
3). Unable to set priorities
4). Unable to take a big decision

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |

The idiom 'have bigger fish to fry' means 'have other more important matters to attend to.' 

For e.g.: I would love meet you at the bar, but I have bigger fish to fry tonight.  

So, option 5 is correct. 

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase. Kick the bucket

2. Choose the word/group of words which is most nearly the same in meaning to the word/group of words printed in bold as used in the passage.

3. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. They said, “We have to complete this task by noon.”

4. Rearrange the given five sentences(A), (B), (C) ,(D) and (E) in a proper sequence so as to form meaningful paragraph and then answer the given question.A. With so many products and opportunities available in market, it is very easy to get this planning wrong.B. Planning, therefore, is imperative and

5. What is the antonym or opposite of word ABUNDANT

6. What is the synonym of word .Clandestine

7. In the question given below certain symbols are used with the following meaning:A@B means A is greater than B A*B means A is either greater than or equal to B A#B means A is equal to B A$B means A is either smaller than or equal to B A+B means A is smaller than B Now in each of the following questio

8. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence.(As) you find me absent, please leave the parcel with my colleague.

9. Select the word with the correct spelling.

10. Directions : Rearrange the following seven sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E), (F) and (G) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them. (A) To elaborate briefly on these characteristic