ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Direction: In the following question, two equations numbered I and II are given. You have to solve both the equations and given answer. I. x2 = 961 II. y = √961

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 22 | Tags: algebra     | numerical ability     | Add Bounty

Direction: In the following question, two equations numbered I and II are given. You have to solve both the equations and given answer.

I. x2 = 961

II. y = √961

1). If x > y
2). If x < y
3). If x ≥ y
4). If x ≤ y

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |

I. x2 = 961

⇒ x = ± 31

II. y = √961

⇒ y = 31

When x = 31, for y = 31, x = y

When x = -31, for y = 31, x < y

∴ x ≤ y

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Raman secured 86.4% marks in his term examination. He scored 22.22% of his marks in Mathematics. He secured 25% of the remaining marks in Science and 25% in English. From the remaining marks, he secured equal marks in Computers, Hindi and Arts. If the total number of marks in the examination is 500, find the marks scored in Hindi.

2. From a homogeneous mixture of salt and sugar containing 4 parts of salt and 5 parts of sugar, 1/4th part of the mixture is drawn off and replaced with salt. The ratio of salt and sugar in the new mixture is?

3. An equilateral triangle and a regular hexagon have equal perimeters. The ratio of the area of the triangle and that of the hexagon will be

4. Directions: Study the following table carefully and answer the questions given below: Number of working days for various companies over the year Companies→ Years↓ A B C D E 2000 298

5. What value should come in place of question mark (?) in the following question? 6 + 36 (2.3 – 1/2) ÷ 6 - 2 + 0.5 =?

6. Given below are two quantities named A and B. Based on the given information, you have to determine the relation between the two quantities. You should use the given data and your knowledge of Mathematics to choose between the possible answers. Quantity A: Raj purchased 12 storybooks at rate of Rs.

7. A man had three pets, a rabbit, a cat and a dog. Once when the master was not at home, the three pets were roaming inside the home. When rabbit takes 5 steps, cat takes 6 and dog takes 7 steps. But the 6 steps of rabbit are equal to the 7 steps of cat and 8 steps of dog. What is the ratio of their speeds?

8. In the question, a number series is given and in the series, only one number is wrong. Find the wrong number. 1721, 2183, 2733, 3347, 4061, 4871

9. What will come in place of the question mark (?) in the following number series? 7, 8, 18, 57, ?, 1165 

10. What will come in place of question mark ‘?’ in the following question? ? % of [50% of {40% of (30% of 12000)}] = 250% of 80