ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Improve the bracketed part of the sentence. I wonder if the government (have resources to spare for) the poor refugees.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 21 | Tags: phrase replacement grammar     | phrase replacement     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Improve the bracketed part of the sentence.

I wonder if the government (have resources to spare for) the poor refugees.

1). Had resources to spare away
2). Has resources to spare for
3). Has resources to spare from
4).

No improvement

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

The government is a third person singular noun. So, the corresponding verb must also reflect this. The correct verb, then, becomes 'has' and not 'have'.

To spare is to have something extra to give to someone. Here, the receiver is already given, viz, the refugees. So, the correct preposition would be resources 'for' them and not 'from' them.

Therefore, the correct answer is option 2.

Improved sentence - I wonder if the government$ has resources to spare for$ the poor refugees.$

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Rearrange the following SIX sentences/ group of sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E), (F) and in proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them . A. The dal is made of lentils while churma is a coarsely ground wheat mixture crushed . B. Baati is h

2. In the following question, some part of the sentences have errors and some are correct. Find out which part of a sentence has an error. The number of that part is the answer. If a sentence is free from error, then your answer is (4) l.e., No error. You are a very lovable person (1) / but I (2) / am not loving you. (3) / No error. (4)

3. (1) An electrical circuit(Q) of wires(P) which is(R) designed to(S) is a circle(6) carry electricity .

4. It was three o'clock in the afternoon X -find our bearers   Y -before we woke, to   Z -preparing to return

5. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.None of the diplomats at the conference (1)/ was able either to comprehend (2)/ or solve the problem. (3)/ No error. (4).

6. What is the antonym or opposite of word HEREDITARY

7. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).The commoners joined the king's army at crushing the rebels

8. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - She said, " Mother, please cook me something nice today".

9. Find out the misspelt word

10. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word opposite in meaning to the word given. Triumph