ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Direction: Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below. There are seven floors in a building which has two wings i.e. the left wing and the right wing. On each floor 1 flat is present in each wing. 13 people A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, and M are living in

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 26 | Tags: floor puzzle     | reasoning ability     | Add Bounty

Direction: Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below.

There are seven floors in a building which has two wings i.e. the left wing and the right wing.

On each floor 1 flat is present in each wing. 13 people A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, and M are living in those flats, each in different flat. The first floor is numbered as floor 1, the second floor is numbered as floor 2 and so on.

J lives two floors below F but two floors above D in the left wing. B lives four floors below C in the right wing. I lives three floors above H but not in the same wing as H. The second floor below the floor on which A lives in the same wing is vacant. E lives on an even numbered floor below B and he lives in the same wing as L. K lives four floors above M in the same wing as F. A lives four floors above L on an odd numbered floor and they live in different wings. C and A does not live on the same floor.
Who lives on the same floor as D?
1). F
2). E
3). L
4). K

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

People → A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, and M

Floors → 1 to 7

Wings → Left and Right

1) B lives four floors below C in the right wing.

2) E lives on an even numbered floor below B.

(Clearly, if E lives on an even numbered floor below B implies, B lives on the 3rd floor and it further implies that C lives on the 7th floor.)

Floors

Left wing

Right wing

Possibilities

7th

C

6th

5th

4th

3rd

B

2nd

E

1st

3) A lives four floors above L on an odd numbered floor.

4) C and A does not live on the same floor.

(Implies, A does not live on the 7th floor which further implies A lives on the 5th floor and L lives on the 1st floor.)

Floors

Left wing

Right wing

Possibilities

7th

C

6th

5th

A

4th

3rd

B

2nd

E

1st

L

5) The second floor below the floor on which A lives, in the same wing is vacant.

(As A lives on the 5th floor and the right wing of second floor below A is already taken by B, it implies that A lives in left wing.

6) A and L lives in different wings.

(Thus L lives in right wing.)

7) E lives in the same wing as L.

(Thus E also lives in right wing.)

8) J lives two floors below F but two floors above D in the left wing.

Floors

Left wing

Right wing

Possibilities

7th

C

6th

F

5th

A

4th

J

3rd

Vacant

B

2nd

D

E

1st

L

7) K lives four floors above M in the same wing as F.

8) I lives three floors above H but not in the same wing as H.

(Thus G lives on the 6 floor left wing.)

Floors

Left wing

Right wing

7th

I

C

6th

G

F

5th

A

K

4th

J

H

3rd

Vacant

B

2nd

D

E

1st

M

L

Clearly, E lives on the 2nd floor same as D.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Directions: Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below: There are 9 floors in a building numbered 1 to 9 with the ground floor reserved for parking. 9 families Mathews, Rathores, Khandelwals, Jamwals, Kaushiks, Bhatnagars, Malhotras, Srivastavas and Dalmias live

2. Directions: Study the following information carefully and answer the given questions below. Banking complex is an eight storey building located in Mumbai. The seven major banks of the country have their corporate offices on the different floors of the building starting from 1st floor to 7th floor. G

3. Direction: Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below. Six friends M, N, O, P, Q and R live on separate floors of a six- floor building and each of them wear a different colored cap viz. Yellow, Red, Blue, White, Green and Orange. Ground floor is numbered 1, first

4. Directions: Answer the questions on the basis of the information given below. There are 8 ladies – A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H who lives on different floors of a 8 - floor building numbered 1 to 8 not necessarily in the same order. Their shoe sizes are – 3, 5, 6 and 10 such that 2 ladies

5. Direction: Read the following information carefully to answer the questions given below. Eight boxes are labeled as P, Q, R, S, T, U, V and W contain different sports equipments i.e. racquets, nets, helmets, sticks, bats, gloves, wickets and jock straps, but not necessarily in the same order. All b

6. Directions: Study the information carefully and answer the questions given below. There are three floors in a given building such that floor 2 is above floor 1 and floor 3 is above floor 2. In the building, there are two flats on each floor such that Flat A is in the west of Flat B. The area of eac

7. Direction: Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below. Six friends M, N, O, P, Q and R live on separate floors of a six- floor building and each of them wear a different colored cap viz. Yellow, Red, Blue, White, Green and Orange. Ground floor is numbered 1, first

8. Directions: Read the given information carefully to answer the following questions. Fourteen students Sita, Seema, Geet, Ravi, Jay, Rohan, Kiran, Pooja, Ketan, Shivam, Hari, Sneha, Vishal and Gita study in the same college, where there are seven floors. The topmost floor is seventh and the low

9. Directions: Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below: There are 7 floors of a building numbered 1 to 7 with the ground floor reserved for parking. The building have office of7 companies Wipro, Bain, Airtel, TCS, BCG, Tata Steel and AT&T but not necessarily in t

10. Directions: Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below. Eight friends G, H, J, K, L, M, N and O live on a separate floor of a building but not necessarily in the same order. The ground floor is numbered 1, first floor is numbered 2 and so on until the topmost flo