ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. The teacher said to the students, "Work hard now if you wish to have a better future."

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 29 | Tags: ssc     | ssc cgl     | ssc cgl tier 2     | ssc cgl 2017     | ssc cgl 21 04 2018     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech.
The teacher said to the students, "Work hard now if you wish to have a better future."
1). The tea cher advised the students to work hard then if they wished to have a better future.
2). The teacher advised the students to work hard now if they wished to have a better future.
3). The teacher advised the students to work hard then if they wish to have a better future.
4). The teacher advised the students to work hard now if they wish to have a better future.

SSC CGL Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
NA

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Select the synonym of confuse

2. In the following question, sentence given with blank is to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option.I am sorry I am late, I was __________ up in traffic.

3. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice. I eat sprouts regularly to stay healthy

4. Read the following passage carefully and choose the most appropriate answer to the question out of the four alternatives. There is much to be said for the enlightened and systematic despotism of the utilitarian bureaucrats who built the British raj in this period. They brought peace, much developme

5. In the question below, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed choose 'No improvement'. I am sure he knows the way back home, does he?

6. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.I could not put up at a hotel (1)/ because the board and lodging charges (2)/ were too expensive.(3)/ No error (4).

7. A sentence/a part of the sentence is underlined. Four alternatives are given to the underlined part which will improve the meaning of the sentence. Choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. In case no improvement is needed, click the option corresponding to 'No improvement'. Astronomers now have a revolutionary, much accurate way to see dark matter in galactic clusters.

8. In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option.The warning bells __________several times before anyone realized the danger.

9. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase. All in the same boat.

10. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives and click the button corresponding to it.Another marvel on the far side of the lake was a little farm that felt like a secret in the city. Some of the