ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option. I was _______ to see my new cute puppy on my bed.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 22 | Tags: fill in the blanks (vocabulary)     | fill in the blanks     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option.

I was _______ to see my new cute puppy on my bed.

1). Elated
2). Petrified
3). Nullified
4). Peeped

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
The use of the adjective 'cute' makes it understood that the word in the blank must convey a positive meaning. The word 'elated' means 'too happy'. The word 'petrified' means 'very frightened' and does not fit here. The word 'nullified' means 'invalidated' and does not make any sense here. The word 'peeped' means 'look into' and makes no sense here. Thus option 1 is the correct answer.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select ‘No Error’. It was (1)/difficult decided (2)/about break up. (3)/No error (4)

2. Below are a group of sentences which are jumbled up. A part of the first and last sentences are given and cannot be changed. Sentences 1 and 7 are missing a vital part which has to be found from A, B, C, D, and E. 1. _____________________ failed to distribute wealth and the burden or responsibility

3. Rearrange the following six sentences/groups of words in a proper sequence so as to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below them.(A) Basic human needs also include a sense of belongingness, a feeling of control over one?s life.(B) Motivation and inspiration energize peo

4. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.The mason will not (1)/ do the work (3)/ except give the order. (3)/ No Error (4).

5. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase. The alpha and the omega

6. Rearrange the following five sentences (A), (B), (C), (D) and (E) in a proper sequence so as to form a meaningful paragraph, and then answer the questions given below. A. Being native or foreign is society's enduring parameter of judging belonging. B. People judge others by their skin, ge

7. Mr.Obi put his whole life ............the work.

8. 1. Once a week Deesa led Moti Guj, the elephant, down to the river.P. After inspection the two would stand up. Q. Then Deesa looked at his feet and examined his whole body for sores. R. The animal knew it was time to return . S. The elephant lay down on his side, while Deesa rubbed him with a coir scrubber. 6. Both the elephant and the trainer would return home.

9. In the following passage there are blanks, each of whiCh has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case. There was a man who had four sons. He (1) his son

10. What is the synonym of word .Perilous