ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option.  The love which is based on physical beauty is not ______. 

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 30 | Tags: fill in the blanks (vocabulary)     | fill in the blanks     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option. 

The love which is based on physical beauty is not ______. 

1). imminent
2). deponent
3). remnant
4). permanent

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |

Imminent = impending; about to happen.

Deponent = someone who states in writing or by speaking as a witness in a court of law that something is true:

Remnant = a part or quantity that is left after the greater part has been used, removed, or destroyed.

Clearly, the sentence aims to say that a love based on physical beauty doesn't last long i.e it is not 4) permanent.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Out of the four alternatives, choose the one which best expresses the meaning opposite to the given word. Delinquent

2. Choose the sentence that has the correct usage of the idiom. I. I know you are under the weather so I suggest you go to the doctor immediately. II. Your being  under the weather  needs to be controlled and we expect you to be less enthusiastic as Seema lost her job today. III. It has been a hectic day for you so you are  under the weather;

3. 1. Determination P. in the blood Q. is a potential diagnostic tool R. of ferritin level S. for the evaluation of 6. iron deficiency, anaemia & iron toxicity.

4. In the given passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. Against each five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.If China?s state owned commercial banks seem burdened by bad debts, the country?s rural financial secto

5. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase.A formal agreement between individuals or parties.

6. Rearrange the parts of the sentence in correct order.Earlier its foraysP-were concentrated on ancientQ-and medieval IndiaR-in history

7. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).Rakesh didn't knew my address.

8. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives. There's more than the 101-seater dining table at the Falaknuma Palace that is awe inspiring. The library done in rosewood and mahogany is a place tha

9. What is the substitute of - Loss of memory

10. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each Mary Garden, a noted opera singer, earned a great deal of money during her career, but was constantly bothered by the demands of her father for money and always in large sums.Miss Garden w