ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the five alternatives. Randomized experiments ___(A)___ on children by exposing them to violence in televisions and video games had a shocking rev

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 12 | Tags: vocabulary     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the five alternatives.

Randomized experiments ___(A)___ on children by exposing them to violence in televisions and video games had a shocking revelation. It suggested that there was a great chance of the child’s behaviour becoming ___(B)___ in the short run. Many psychological experts and neuroscientists have given the underlying reasons for the same. They explain that children’s exposure to violent electronic media including violent games leads to long-term increment in their risk for behaving aggressively and ___(C)___. These long-term effects are a ___(D)___ of the powerful observational learning and ___(E)___ processes that occur automatically in the human child. These acts of violence shown on television have long-lasting effects on children as they find it very thrilling and different from their regular life. They like to ponder on these scripts and start connecting to the acts in their real lives.

However, if the same is not monitored, it can also change the ___(F)___ behaviour of the child. Sometimes, this threat is large enough to be considered as a public health threat. Therefore, it is very important that parents monitor what their kids are watching on television and how they are ___(G)___ their free time. This is because children learn from both ___(H)___ and social learning or role modelling. When children watch violent acts, it is difficult for them to decipher which ones are real and which ones are not and to what extent. This is where the parental or adult guidance can come to their help and prevent them from getting ___(I)___. It is sad to note that even cartoon channels show a lot of violence these days. Also, medical science says that if violence is viewed for a long time, there are chemical changes which take place in the brain which are very similar to those that happen post-traumatic stress disorder. Now, since the brains of young children are still developing, this can impact them badly. 

Hence, it is very important that children get good guidance in choosing which television programs to watch and which video games to play. They should be ___(J)___ to watch the inspirational or the humorous part of television programmes. Developing interest in knowledge imparting channels like Discovery channel, History channel can be wonderful for their development.

Which of the following words most appropriately fits the blank labelled (G)?
1). Spending 
2). Wasting 
3). Declaring 
4). Forgetting 

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
As per the sentence, it is very important that parents monitor what their kids are watching on television and what do they do in their free time, i.e., how are they 'spending' their free time. Hence, it will be the correct answer.$

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Read the following sentences to find out whether there is any grammatical error in them. The error, if any, will be in one part with the error as your answer. If there is no error, mark 'No error' as your answer. (Ignore the errors of conjuctions, if any)

2. If I had worked hard , I ............ very high marks in the examination.

3. Read the following passage and answer the questions based on it. My only work is to give you a clear-cut idea how you can become more conscious; I call it meditation. Working. walking, sitting. . . . I don’t believe what others call meditation; that for ten minutes or 20 minutes you do it and

4. In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option.At this critical juncture what the company needs is a _______________ marketing strategy.

5. Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph, then answer the questions given below them.(A) We were interested by contrast in understanding what lessons actual teams and non-teams had for others to choose to struggle wit

6. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence.By rescuing the child from fire, the local resident (added another feather to his cap.)

7. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. Gopal's mother reminded him to take his wallet.

8. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives. It is a labour of love and the result of painstaking research. Chikankari - A Lucknawi Tradition by Paola Manfredi, an Italian, is a book that shows her close and long association with the craft. L

9. In the following questions some of the sentence have errors and some have none. Find out which part of a sentence has an error. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, your answer is (4) i . e. No error

10. Choose the word which Is most nearly the SAME in meaning to the word printed in bold as used in the passage.