ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following sentence, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative and in case no changes are required, select 'No improvement' as the correct option. Across the street, from me

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 25 | Tags: grammar     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following sentence, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative and in case no changes are required, select 'No improvement' as the correct option.

Across the street, from me, there are a couple of police officers standing guard.

A. Along street of me, there is a couple 

B. Across the street, along me, there are a couple 

C. On the street across me there is a couple

1). Both A and B
2). Both B and C
3). Only C
4). Only B

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
The sentence requires no further improvement. In fact the sentences in the options are incorrect.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Read the passage and answer the following questions. The need for more effective information security practices is increasingly evident with each security breach reported in the media. When adopting new technologies like cloud computing, virtualization, or IT outsourcing, enterprises are facing&nbs

2. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error' . Students who attempted the questions paper (1)/ have met some of their professors, seeking (2)/ informed answers to these questions. (3)/ No error. (4)

3. What is the active/passive of - He completed the story on time.

4. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).I will buy the house provided it is quite sound.

5. In each of these question two sentence I and II are given Each sentence has a blank in it Five words (a), (b), (c) (d) and (e) are suggested. Out of these only one fits at both the places in the context of each sentence Number of that word is the answer

6. In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the given alternatives. It is important for citizens to __(1)__ (understand) the legal and ethical framework that guides the relationship between a sou

7. The plane will take off when the thunderstorm ............

8. The students were all ears , when the speaker started talking about the changes in the exam.

9. In the question below, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose 'No improvement.' As the accounting profession formally recognizes in financial accounting standards, the premium cannot be so large.

10. What is the synonym of word .Irreverence