ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

The average age of a husband and wife was 23 years when they were married 5 years ago. The average age of the husband, the wife and a child who was born during the interval, is 20 years now. How old is the child now?

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 144 | Tags: average     | numerical ability     | Add Bounty

The average age of a husband and wife was 23 years when they were married 5 years ago. The average age of the husband, the wife and a child who was born during the interval, is 20 years now. How old is the child now?
1). 9 months
2). 1 year
3). 3 years
4). 4 years

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

Let present ages of husband, wife and child be m, n and p years respectively.

Given,

⇒ [(m – 5) + (n – 5)]/ 2 = 23

⇒ m + n = 46 + 10 = 56

Given,

⇒ (m + n + p)/3 = 20

⇒ m + n + p = 60

⇒ 56 + p = 60

⇒ p = 4

∴ Child is 4 years old now.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. What approximate value will come in place of question mark (?) in the following question? 288.220 ÷ 15.99 × 1.0203 – 2.003 + 3.85% of 1299.879 = ?

2. In 1 kg mixture of sand and iron filings, 25% is sand. How much iron filings should be added, so that the proportion of sand becomes 5%?

3. In each of these questions, two equations (I) and (II) are given. You have to solve both the equations and give answer I. \(x = \sqrt[3]{{4096}}\) II. 14y + 4x = 246

4. In the following question, two equations are given. Find the correct answer after solving the equations. I. 2x2 – 29x + 39 = 0 II. y2 – 24y + 119 = 0 

5. Kate has some oranges with her. She eats half of her oranges every day. After eating the oranges, she is given four more oranges. After 3 days, she is left with 32 oranges. How many oranges she had in beginning?

6. What will come in place of question mark ‘?’ in the following question? 22.5% of (40 × 3) + 37.5% of (45 × 4) = ? + 3.5

7. 800 students appeared for mock RBI Grade B exam and out of that 64% boys and 80% girls cleared the cut-off. If in total 70% students cleared the cut-off, how many girls appeared in the examination?

8. Resting 8 hours per day, Anuj can walk a certain distance in 15 days. How long will he take to walk twice the distance, twice as fast where he rests twice as long each day?

9. Direction: Each question below is followed by two statements I and II. You have to determine whether the data given is sufficient for answering the question. You should use the data and your knowledge of mathematics to choose the best possible answer. Find the number of wickets taken by a cricketer before his last innings. I. His bowling average is 12.4/wicket. II. He takes 5 wickets for 26 runs and decreases his average by 0.4.

10. How many prime factors are there in the expression 1240 × 1448 × 254?