ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Fill in the blanks. Although some schools _________ with the suggestion to introduce uniforms, many felt this was too extreme of a measure and began to _________ school dress codes.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 25 | Tags: vocabulary     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Fill in the blanks.

Although some schools _________ with the suggestion to introduce uniforms, many felt this was too extreme of a measure and began to _________ school dress codes.

1). Flippant, hiatus
2). Materialize, keen
3). Complied, implement
4). Proposition, delectable

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

The given parts of the sentence hint at how some schools embraced uniforms while others found a way around them, hence the verb 'complied: acted in accordance with a wish or command’ and the verb 'implement: put (a decision, plan, agreement, etc.) into effect’ should be used.

The meanings of the rest of the words are:

Flippant: not showing a serious or respectful attitude

Hiatus: a pause or break in continuity in a sequence or activity

Materialize: become actual fact; happen

Keen: having or showing eagerness or enthusiasm

Proposition: a statement or assertion that expresses a judgement or opinion

Delectable: delicious

Hence the correct answer is option 3.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below. Certain words/phrases have been printed in bold to help you locate them.Management is a set of processes that can keep a complicated system of people and technology running smoothly. The most important aspects of management i

2. A passage is given with five questions following it. Read the passage carefully and select the best answer to each question out of the given four alternatives. The Indian Space Research Organisation boosted its reputation further when it successfully launched a record 104 satellites in one mission

3. In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II An assumption is something supposed or taken for granted You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions is implicit in the statement.Give answer (a)if only assumption I is implicitGive answer (b)if only assumption II is implicit Give answer (c)if either I or II is implicit Give answer (d)if neither I nor II is implicit Give answer (e)if both I and II are implicit

4. In the following passage there are blanks each of which has been numbered.These numbers are printed below the passage and against each five words are suggested one of which fits the blank appropriately Find out the appropriate word in each case.Once there (71) a rich businessman who was smart and yo

5. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.The job is much worse than I expected. (A)/ If I would have realised how awful it was going to be (B)/ I would not have accepted it. (C)/ No error (D)

6. Below, a passage is given with five blanks (A)-(E). Below the passage, five options are given for each blank. Choose the word that fits each blank most appropriately in the context of the passage, and mark the corresponding answer. Once, a monk was sitting, eyes closed and legs cross

7. In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the given alternatives. Most bacteria are ___(1)___ into two broad categories: Gram positive and Gram negative. These categories are based on their cel

8. Read each of the following sentences to find out whether there is any error in it. The error; If any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error; the answer is e:. (Ignore errors of punctuation, if any).

9. In the following passage there are blanks, each of whiCh has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case. There was a man who had four sons. He (1) his son

10. Read the given passage carefully and select the best answer to each question out of the five given alternatives. Despite recent job gains, rising wages and falling unemployment, almost a quarter of Americans said they still have no emergency savings, according to an annual Bankrate.com report that