ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Directions: In each of the questions below are given few statements followed by some conclusions numbered I, II and III and so on. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance with commonly known facts. Read all the conclusions and then decide which of the giv

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 22 | Tags: syllogism     | mix    

Directions: In each of the questions below are given few statements followed by some conclusions numbered I, II and III and so on. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance with commonly known facts. Read all the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements, disregarding commonly known facts. Give answer

Statements:

Some flowers are white.

No flower is black.

Conclusions:

I. No black is white.

II. All whites being flowers is a possibility.
1). Only conclusion I follows.
2). Only conclusion II follows.
3). Either conclusion I or conclusion II follows.
4). Neither conclusion I nor conclusion II follows.

Answer This Question with Explaination and Earn! Click Here to Know More!

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

0 answers

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Directions: Study the information carefully to answer the question that follows In an annual function, 504 children participated. The ratio of the number of girls to the number of boys is 5 : 3 respectively. Out of the total girls, 20% participated in dance and remaining girls participated in solo s

2. Directions: Read the instructions carefully and answer the question below In a race, 7 people A, B, C, D, E, F and G participated. A finished after D but before G who is faster than F. B finished the race at last and F could beat only two people. C finished the race exactly in the middle of the order. E did not come first. Which person finished the race immediately after G in the race?

3. Below are some alternatives which may be used to improve the sentence by replacing the word in bold. You may choose option 1, 2, 3 or 4. In case 'No Improvement' is needed, choose 5. She has been resonating as a professor of Philosophy in this department for the last ten years.

4. A series is given, with one term missing. Choose the correct alternative from the given ones that will complete the series 2, 5, 9, 42, 98, ?

5. Which of the phrases (1), (2), (3) and (4) given below each statement should be placed in the blank space provided so as to make meaningful and grammatically correct sentence? If none of the options is appropriate, mark (5) i.e. ‘None of these’ as the answer. It showed that in comparison to the bid under the UPA there was an overall escalation in the price of each jet in the 2016 deal struck by the Modi government, ________

6. In the following sentence, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is required, choose the alternative that indicates “No improvement”. It is a mista

7. Where was the 'Jangalmahal festival' inaugurated on 23 November 2018?

8. Directions: Study the following information carefully and answer the given questions. P + Q means Q is wife of P. P – Q means Q is mother of P. P × Q means Q is father of P. P ÷ Q means Q is son of P.Which of the following expression indicates A is brother of D?

9. There are two pipes in a tank. Pipe A is for filling the tank and Pipe B is for emptying the tank. If A can fill the tank in 15 hours and B can empty the tank in 20 hours then find how many hours will it take to completely fill a half empty tank?

10. Direction: Study the table and answer the questions. The number of 5 types of cycles manufactured by a company over the years is given below:    Types of cycles (in 1000)   Years  A B C D