ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Direction: Study the following arrangement of the English alphabet. Answer the questions given below after following the given steps: Step 1:  Replace each vowel with the vowel which follows that vowel in dictionary order. Step 2: Replace every fourth letter with A starting from left e

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 21 | Tags: arrangement and pattern     | reasoning     | Add Bounty

Direction: Study the following arrangement of the English alphabet. Answer the questions given below after following the given steps:

Step 1: 

Replace each vowel with the vowel which follows that vowel in dictionary order.

Step 2:

Replace every fourth letter with A starting from left end.

Step 3:

Replace every sixth letter with the alphabet which comes at the same position starting in a General Alphabet Series.

V L D G X A H Q I S Z T F J M P O W R N B E Y C K A

Which of the following pairs of letters has as many letters between them in the input series of the above arrangement as there are between them in the English alphabet?
1). AI
2). EL
3). LS
4). MO

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

Given series: V L D G X U H Q I S Z T F J M P O W R N B E Y C K A

Letters between AI in series: 16

Letters between AI in English alphabets: 7

Letters between EL in series: 19

Letters between EL in English alphabets: 6

Letters between LS in series: 7

Letters between LS in English alphabets: 6

Letters between MO in series: 1

Letters between MO in English alphabets: 1

Letters between MR in series: 3

Letters between MR in English alphabets: 4

Hence answer is MO.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. How many pairs of letters are there in the word “BINOCULARS” each of which has as many letters between them as in the English alphabetical series in both forward and backward directions?

2. Direction: Study the following information carefully to answer the given question: S 2 @ I H 3 U % G H Y 5 J & O A © M X 8 7 A # E K I S ¥ U T 9 L U € G D  Which of the following is the length of the longest series containing only alphabets in the above arrangement? (Assume length of the series is equal to the number of alphabets present in it.)

3. How many such letters are there in the word BACKLASH each of which is as far away from the beginning of the word as it is from the beginning of the English alphabet?

4. Directions: These questions are based on the following arrangement of numbers. Read it carefully and answer the questions: 10 12 21 14 15 16 17 18 41 20 22 25 28 31 34 37 66 44 48 53 57 62 13 68 69 76 How many palindromic numbers are there in the series?

5. Directions: Study the following arrangement carefully and answer the questions given below: R 4 3 % M @ K E F 5 A # J N I 8 U © D B P 6 I W 7 δ Q ⋆ Z Four of the following five are alike in a certain way based on their positions in the above arrangement and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to that group?

6. Directions: Study the following information carefully to answer the given questions: Z € O P 7 4 1 B M 9 # 2 & 6 5 T % X C V J 6 ¥ 7 Q F @ N 4 W $ 6Four of the following five are alike in a certain way based on their positons in the above arrangement and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to the group?

7. Direction: Study the following arrangement carefully and answer the questions given below: R D 1 5 E % K 3 J I 9 P 8 # A 2 B $ K M 6 W @ N 4 © T * F H How many such consonants are there in the above arrangement, each of which is immediately preceded by a symbol and immediately followed by a number?

8. Directions: The following questions are based on the five four-digit numbers given below. 3942    6327    7358    7856    9268If all the four digits of each of the numbers are added the resulting sum of which of the following numbers will be prime number?

9. Directions: Study the following arrangement and answer the below given questions: Z Y R 6 #T $ D H M N = 2 @ U I E 3 L X C * F Y 5 8 % T J¥9 How many such alphabets are there in the arrangement each of which is followed by number provided that number should be common multiple of 3?

10. Directions: Following questions are based on five words given below. XMKE HLUX SCTP WKLM YRNAIf G is added at the end of the fifth word from left. How many 5 letters meaningful words can be formed using mentioned word (each letter only once)?