ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following ​question two equations are given. You have to solve these equations and determine relation between x and y. I. x2 – 12x + 35 = 0 II. y2 – 16y + 63 = 0

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 20 | Tags: algebra     | numerical ability     | Add Bounty

In the following ​question two equations are given. You have to solve these equations and determine relation between x and y.

I. x2 – 12x + 35 = 0

II. y2 – 16y + 63 = 0

1). x < y
2). x > y
3). x = y OR the relationship cannot be determined.
4). x ≤ y

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

I. x2 – 12x + 35 = 0

⇒ x2 – 5x – 7x + 35 = 0

⇒ x(x – 5) – 7(x – 5) = 0

⇒ (x – 7) (x – 5) = 0

⇒ x = 7 OR x = 5

II. y2 – 16y + 63 = 0

⇒ y2 – 7y – 9y + 63 = 0

⇒ y (y – 7) – 9(y – 7) = 0

⇒ (y – 9) (y – 7) = 0

⇒ y = 9 OR y = 7

So, when x = + 7, x = y when y = 7 and x < y when y = 9.

And when x = 5, x < y when y = 7 and x < y when y = 9.

∴ x ≤ y. 

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. What will come in place of '?' in the following question? 52 + 20 × 4 -76 = ?

2. What approximate value should come in place of the question mark (?) in the following question? (You are not expected to calculate the exact value) 29.88% of 5103 - (17.48)2 + (32.52)2 = ? 

3. If 3x + 7 = x2 + M = 7x + 5, what is the value of 120% of M?

4. What will come in place of question mark ‘?’ in the following question? \(\frac{{56}}{{135}} \div \left\{ {\left( {\frac{7}{3} + \frac{1}{5}} \right) \div \left( {9 + 3\frac{3}{4}} \right) \times \frac{{17}}{{19}}} \right\} = \frac{1}{?}\)

5. Directions: Below question is followed by two statements labelled I and II. Decide if these statements are sufficient to conclusively answer the question. Choose the appropriate answer from the options given below: What is the value of integer 'x'? I. The L.C.M. of 'x' and 18 is 36 II. The G.C.D. of 'x' and 18 is 2

6. Eeshwar and Satwik got two successive discounts, a bag with a list price of Rs. 800 is available at Rs. 336. If the second discount is 30%, then find the first discount?

7. Given below are two quantities named A and B. Based on the given information, you have to determine the relation between the two quantities. You should use the given data and your knowledge of Mathematics to choose between the possible answers. Quantity A: A alone can complete the work in 10 days, B alone can do same work in 12 days and C alone can do the same work in 15 days. They jointly complete the work and earn Rs. 4500. What is the share of C? Quantity B: Rs. 1200

8. Direction: Study the following table carefully and answer the given question. Following data refers a score card of top 5 students of the class 8th in Dhyani School. Marks in each subject is out of 100. Subjects→ Math Science English H

9. What will come in place of '?' in the following question? 0.36 ÷ ? ÷ 0.02 = 90

10. A milkman produces three kinds of milk. On a particular day, he has 170 litres, 102 litres and 374 litres of the three kinds of milk. He wants to bottle them in bottles of equal sizes so that each of the three varieties of milk would be completely bottled. How many bottle sizes are possible such that the bottle size in terms of litres is an integer?