ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Fill in the blank with the most appropriate word out of the four alternatives suggested below each question. It is better to face the ___________ and go down trying than to simply quit.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 34 | Tags: fill in the blanks (vocabulary)     | fill in the blanks     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Fill in the blank with the most appropriate word out of the four alternatives suggested below each question.

It is better to face the ___________ and go down trying than to simply quit.
1). Dogma
2). Reasons
3). Success
4). Hardships

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |

'Than' in sentence signifies that the opposite sense is to be conveyed in the first part. The second part says 'simply quit'. Thus the first part must convey 'trying'. The word 'face' gives the impression that one must face troubles. Thus, ‘hardships’ is the correct choice because it is the synonym for ‘troubles’.

Dogma = a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.His tradiUon-bound attitude (1)/ had to be a constant source of dissatisfaction (2)/ among the younger members of the family. (3)/ No error (4).

2. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - The girl wondered where the sparrows had gone.

3. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).He was rejected because he too young.

4. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives. But before I could be inspired by these amazing people, I had to cleanse my feed. I know my weaknesses: just last week, Facebook memories reminded m

5. What is the antonym or opposite of word RUDELY

6. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives. The quest to find life outside the solar system got a big boost with the discovery of seven Earth-size extra-solar planets, or exoplanets, orbiting

7. What is the antonym or opposite of word Encouraged

8. Find out the misspelt word

9. Rearrange the given six sentences/group.Sequence so as to form a meaningful paragraph.1. Now when the wise sage returned he saw a large crowd gathered on the road and his well-fed disciple in its midst, accepting offerings for the rock.2. ?Look!?, they? exclaimed in excitement, ?There is something w

10. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option.If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'.There is renewed sense(A)/of urgency in(B)/completing the project.(C)/No error(D)