ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following sentence, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose the alternative that indicates No improvement needed. Seven Indians was among the 15 killed on Monday in a bus collision in Kuwait, officials said. A. are among B. were among C. will be among

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 22 | Tags: grammar     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following sentence, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose the alternative that indicates No improvement needed.

Seven Indians was among the 15 killed on Monday in a bus collision in Kuwait, officials said.

A. are among

B. were among

C. will be among

1). Only A
2). Only B
3). Only C
4). All of A, B and C

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |

The correct answer is option 2, i.e. Only B.

The given sentence is in past tense and ‘seven Indians’ is plural. Hence, ‘was’ must be replaced with ‘were’.

Hence, the sentence can be correctly written as-

Seven Indians were among the 15 killed on Monday in a bus collision in Kuwait, officials said.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Fill in the blank in the sentence given below with the correct option. App-based on-line shopping is enticing. Even older people like my mother _________ it from time to time.

2. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. My father said to the stranger, 'Where do you live?

3. Fill in the blanks with the correct words. It is _________ to believe that charging 25% on an outstanding credit card balance isn’t _________!

4. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.When Anand reached the village (1)/ he found that (2)/ reports about him preceded him. (3)/ No error (4).

5. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase.flash in the pan

6. Read each sentence to find out whether there is any error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. If there is no error, the answer is E. (Ignore errors of punctuation, if any).

7. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'. At this moment that (1)/ terrible door burst noisily open and (2)/ banged for the wall. (3)/No Error (4)

8. I've taken out my X-and stay poised and vigilant Y-ear buds so I can Z-listen for announcements

9. In the question given below, there are five statements marked A-E. All the statements except one belong to the same context. Find the odd one out and mark the correct answer from the given options. The 2018 global Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI) released by the United Nations Development Pro

10. In the question below, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose 'No improvement'. Existing evidence on this complex issue is mixed. A. issues are mixed B. issuing has been mixed C. issue will mix D. issues may mix