ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In each question given below a sentence is given and is divided into three parts I, II and III. For each part a correct statement is also given. You have to determine what requires correct and mark it as your answer.   The bald tops of the Western Ghats is pristine ecosystem/ replete

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 68 | Tags: grammar     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In each question given below a sentence is given and is divided into three parts I, II and III. For each part a correct statement is also given. You have to determine what requires correct and mark it as your answer.  

The bald tops of the Western Ghats is pristine ecosystem/ replete with innumerable animal species/ and apparently an abundance of wind and windmills. 

I. The bald tops of the Western Ghats is a pristine ecosystem

II. repleted with innumerable animal species

III. and apparent an abundance of wind and windmills. 

1). Only I 
2). Both I and II
3). Only II 
4). Both II and III

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

Correct option - 1

Firstly, pristine means "in its original condition; unspoilt". Now, they are many Ghats and hills in the Western Ghats. And, it is not defined which "bold tops" means each bold top describing all of them. Hence, add article before "pristine". Hence, I needs correction. 

Now, there does not exist any word like "repleted". Hence, adjective replete meaning filled or well-supplied with something; well stocked. It is the correct word. So, II needs no correction. 

Word "apparently" is an adverb and "apparent" is an adjective. Now, adjective is directly followed by a noun, that means no article in between. Hence, III needs no correction.

So, option 1 i.e. only I is the correct answer.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and click the option corresponding to it. If the sentence is free from error, click the ‘No error’ option. Mohit’s complain (1)/ about the loud noise (2)/ went unnoticed. (3)/ No Error (4)

2. A word is represented by only one set of numbers as given in any one of the alternatives. The set of numbers given in the alternatives are represented by two classes of alphabets as shown in the given two matrices. The columns and rows of Matrix-I are numbered from 0 to 4 and that of Matrix-II are n

3.  Four words are given in the question, out of which only one word is correctly spelt. Find the correctly spelt word.

4. Pick out the most effective word/phrases from the given alternatives marked ( I), b:. c:, (41 and e: given below each sentence to fill in the blank to make the sentence meaningful and grammatically correct.

5. In the following question, a blank is given. From the given four options, a combination of words would fit the blank; making it grammatically and contextually correct. Mark that alternative as the answer. The missionary told his people that his injury forced him to _______ his work in Africa. A) Relish B) Relinquish C) Respite D) Cease

6. The question below consists of a set of labelled sentences. These sentences, when properly sequenced form a coherent paragraph. Select the most logical order of sentences from among the options. P: This is the same whether you are at work or in your personal life. Q: Relationships are easy until

7. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Read carefully. Last week, a Jet Airways flight from Mumbai to Jaipur had to return within 45 minutes, after the pilots reportedly “forgot” to turn on th

8. Improve the bracketed part of the sentenceThe good fortune of (my being) your disciple in my youth has greatly benefited me in my career.

9. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase. To not have a clue

10. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one, which best express the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech.