ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Direction: Read the following information carefully and answer the questions that follow: Four girls Navya, Kavitha, Appu, Divya and three boys Praveen, Balu, Varun are from four different colleges I, II, III, IV and everyone likes only one subject among Computers, Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Economi

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 9 | Tags: double lineup     | reasoning ability     | Add Bounty

Direction: Read the following information carefully and answer the questions that follow:

Four girls Navya, Kavitha, Appu, Divya and three boys Praveen, Balu, Varun are from four different colleges I, II, III, IV and everyone likes only one subject among Computers, Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Economics, Sanskrit and Hindi. At least one person and at most two persons are from the same college. Neither Appu nor Varun is from the same college. Only Divya is from college IV and likes Hindi. Navya likes Computers. Praveen and Navya are from the same college but not from college I. No two girls are from the same college. Varun likes Economics and is not from college II. Appu likes neither Chemistry nor Maths. Kavitha likes Physics and is not from college I. Balu likes Chemistry.
Which of the following combinations is/are not true?
1). Appu - Sanskrit - I
2). Balu - Chemistry - I
3). Navya - Computers - III
4). Varun - Economics - III

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |

Four girls: Navya, Kavitha, Appu, Divya

Three boys: Praveen, Balu, Varun

Four different colleges: I, II, III, IV

7 Subjects: Computers, Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Economics, Sanskrit and Hindi

1) At least one person and at most two persons are from same college.

2) Neither Appu nor Varun is from the same college.

3) Only Divya is from college IV and likes Hindi.

Person

Subjects

College

Navya

Kavitha

Appu

Divya

Hindi

IV

Praveen

Balu

Varun

4) Navya likes Computers.

5) Praveen and Navya are from the same college but not from college I.

Person

Subjects

College

Navya

Computer

II/III

Kavitha

Appu

Divya

Hindi

IV

Praveen

II/III

Balu

Varun

6) No two girls are from the same college.

7) Varun likes Economics and is not from college II.

Person

Subjects

College

Navya

Computer

II/III

Kavitha

Appu

Divya

Hindi

IV

Praveen

II/III

Balu

Varun

Economics

I/III

8) Appu likes neither Chemistry nor Maths.

9) Kavitha likes Physics and is not from college I.

That means Appu is from college I as all girls are from different college, as Appu and Varun are from different college that means Varun is from college III which implies both Navya and Praveen can’t be in college III. So, Kavitha is from college III.

Person

Subjects

College

Navya

Computer

II

Kavitha

Physics

III

Appu

Sanskrit

I

Divya

Hindi

IV

Praveen

II

Balu

I

Varun

Economics

III

10) Balu likes Chemistry.

Person

Subjects

College

Navya

Computer

II

Kavitha

Physics

III

Appu

Sanskrit

I

Divya

Hindi

IV

Praveen

Maths

II

Balu

Chemistry

I

Varun

Economics

III

Hence, Navya- Computer-III is not the right combination.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Directions: Study the following information and answer the below questions Pinku, Amul, Roja, Sonu, Teena, Varsha and Preethi are travelling in three different vehicles. There are at least two passengers in each vehicle – I, II and III and one of them is a lady. There are two editors, two dan

2. Directions: Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below. There are five friends A, B, C, D and E. They all have different hair colours Black, Brown, Red, White and Green but not in the same order. Each has a different diet- vegetarian, non-vegetarian and eggetaria

3. Directions: Read the following information carefully and answer the questions. Aman, Boman, Chang, Digvijay, Eshan and Fawad went to six different car showrooms – Star Auto, Badrika Auto, Panash Auto, R.R. Auto, Krishna Auto and Dee Auto and took quotation for six different cars in SUV segmen

4. Directions: There are five friends P, Q, R, S & T. Two of them play Cricket while the other three play different games viz., Football, Wrestling and Chess. Also, two of these five players are Engineers while the other three belong to different occupations viz., Teacher, Doctor and Entrepreneur. Besi

5. Directions: Read the following information carefully and answer the questions which follow: Eight people Ravi, Kashish, Arun, Tanisha, Abhay, Vikas, Rahul, and Gaurav live in different localities of the same city and have different coloured cars of the same company. Kashish has a blue car and

6. Directions: Read the following information and answer the questions that follow. There are six students from one college, and six students from another college. Two from each college are from Bengaluru, and there are a total of two from Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi and Hyderabad. The colleges have j

7. Directions: Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below. There are five friends A, B, C, D and E. They all have different hair colours Black, Brown, Red, White and Green but not in the same order. Each has a different diet- vegetarian, non-vegetarian and eggetaria

8. Directions: Study the following information and answer the given below questions. There are seven people Arun, Bobby, Chinnu, Daya, Esha, Farhan and Ganga who play a game, each one throws a dice with numbers 1 to 6, then picks a card and then performs a particular activity. Only one number on the d

9. Directions: Read the following information carefully and answer the questions given below. Seven people A, M, N, R, H, S and J likes seven different colors such as Red, Yellow, Blue, Green, Indigo, Black and Purple not in the same order. Each person works for a different publishing company such as

10. Directions: Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below: Eight people Pulkit, Romi, Udit, Aditya, Tarikh, Veer, Rohan and Zeba like eight different Colours - Purple, Green, Magenta, Blue, Red, Black, Maroon and Orange but not necessarily in same order. They a