ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Given below is a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements is sufficient to answer the question. You should use the given data and your knowledge of Mathematics to choose between the possible answers. A square is drawn. What is the area of this square? I. Diagonal length is 5 cm more than side length. II. Perimeter of square is 20 cm more than diagonal length.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 63 | Tags: data sufficiency     | numerical ability     | Add Bounty

Given below is a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements is sufficient to answer the question. You should use the given data and your knowledge of Mathematics to choose between the possible answers.

A square is drawn. What is the area of this square?

I. Diagonal length is 5 cm more than side length.

II. Perimeter of square is 20 cm more than diagonal length.
1). The data in statement I alone is sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II alone is not sufficient to answer the question.
2). The data in statement II alone is sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement I alone is not sufficient to answer the question.
3). The data in statement I alone or in statement II alone is sufficient to answer the question.
4). The data in both the statements I and II is not sufficient to answer the question.

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |

From statement I:

Diagonal length is 5 cm more than side length.

We know that in a square, diagonal length = √ 2 × side length.

Using the two equations, side length can be found, and hence area can be found.

∴ Statement I alone is sufficient to answer the question.

From statement II:

Perimeter of square is 20 cm more than diagonal length.

Perimeter of square = 4 × side length

⇒ Four times side length is 20 cm more than diagonal length.

We know that in a square, diagonal length = √ 2 × side length.

Using the two equations, side length can be found, and hence area can be found.

∴ Statement II alone is sufficient to answer the question.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. A circle of the maximum possible area is circumscribed in a square of area 100cm2. What is the area of the circle?

2. What will come in place of the question mark (?) in the following number series? 7, 9, 19, 45, 95, ?

3. Three numbers are in arithmetic progression such that the ratio of first number and third number is 1 ∶ 3 and second number is 1000, then find the first number?

4. The ratio between the present ages of P and Q is 4 : 5 respectively. Four years hence Q will be five years older than P. What is P’s present age?

5. The ratio of incomes of Shivani and Anita is 3 : 4 and ratio of their expenditure is 1 : 3. If the savings of both Shivani and Anita are equal, then what is the ratio between income and expenditure of shivani ?

6. What approximate value will come in place of the question mark (?) in the following equation? 1428.025 ÷ 12.005 + (?)2 = 240

7. Given below are two quantities named A & B. Based on the given information, you have to determine the relation between the two quantities. You should use the given data and your knowledge of Mathematics to choose between the possible answers. Quantity A: A, B and C can do a work in 24, 30 and 4

8. What should come in place of question mark ‘?’ in the following number series? 2, 4, 9, 28, ?

9. Direction: What approximate value will come in place of (x) in the following questions? \(294.01 \times \frac{x}{{7.01}} - 9.99\% \;of\;129.99\;x\; = \;231.99\; \div \;0.99\)

10. What will come in place of '?' in the following question? √49 + 62 = 39 + 102 - ?