ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

A man is twice as fast as a woman and a woman is twice as fast as a boy. If all of them i.e. a man, a woman and a boy can finish a work together in 4 days, in how many days a boy shall do it alone?

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 144 | Tags: time and work     | numerical ability     | Add Bounty

A man is twice as fast as a woman and a woman is twice as fast as a boy. If all of them i.e. a man, a woman and a boy can finish a work together in 4 days, in how many days a boy shall do it alone?
1). 28 days
2). 21 days
3). 14 days
4). 7 days

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |

Assume the efficiency of a boy = B units/day

As a woman is twice as fast as a boy so the efficiency of a woman = 2B units/day

As a man is twice as fast as a woman so the efficiency of a man = 4B units/day

According to the question, all of them i.e. a man, a woman and a boy can finish a work together in 4 days.

In 4 days total work done by a man, a woman and a boy = 4 × (B + 2B + 4B) = 28B units.

∴ Total work = 28B units.

Time required for a boy to do the whole work alone = $(\frac{{Total\;work\;}}{{efficiency\;of\;a\;boy}}\; = \frac{{28B}}{B} = 28\;days)$

Time required for a boy to do the whole work alone = 28 days.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. What will come in place of the question mark (?) in the following number series? 6, 6.5, 14, 58, ?, 7496 

2. What is the maximum percentage discount that a shopkeeper can offer on his marked price so that he ends up selling at no profit or loss, if he had initially marked his goods up by 40%?

3. What will come in place of question mark '?' in the following question? 192.94 + 250.01 – 81.88 = 77.44 + ?

4. Each question below is followed by two statements I and II. You have to determine whether the data given in the statement is sufficient for answering the question. You should use the data and your knowledge of Mathematics to choose the best possible answer. How long Rahul invested his money in the partnership business of two partner Rahul and Ganesh. I. Rahul received one third of the profit. II. Ganesh invested 1/7 of total capital for 12 months.

5. Direction: Each question below is followed by two statements I and II. You have to determine whether the data given is sufficient for answering the question. You should use the data and your knowledge of mathematics to choose the best possible answer. What amount Will Ambani receive out of a total

6. What should come in place of ‘?’ in the following number series? 353, 345, 318, 254, ?

7. Two stations P and Q are 110 km apart on a straight track. One train starts from P at 7 a.m. and travels towards Q at 20 km/hr. Another train starts from Q at 8 a.m. and travels towards P at a speed of 25 km/hr. At what time will they meet?

8. What should come in place of question mark ‘?’ in the following number series? 16, 21, 31, 46, 66, ?

9. A sum of Rs. 2600 is lent out in two parts in such a way that the simple interest on one part at 10% per annum for 5 years is equal to that on another part at 9% per annum for 6 years. The sum lent out at 9% is

10. What should come in place of question mark ‘?’ in the following number series? 1, 6, 16, 31, 51, ?