ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

There are five statements present. One of them contains an error. Choose the incorrect sentence. A.Humanitarian agencies faced serious challenges in accessing vulnerable populations due to insecurity. B. It also imposed blockades on government-controlled towns and on occasion attacked civilia

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 21 | Tags: grammar     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

There are five statements present. One of them contains an error. Choose the incorrect sentence.

A.Humanitarian agencies faced serious challenges in accessing vulnerable populations due to insecurity.

B. It also imposed blockades on government-controlled towns and on occasion attacked civilians who broke them.

C. Armed groups continued to kill and maim at children and target schools.

D. They have also recruited and used children in military operations. 

E. Military courts have prosecuted and sentenced children to heavy penalties for terrorism-related offenses in trials that do not meet international juvenile justice standards.

1). A
2). B
3). C
4). D

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |

The error is in sentence C as the preposition 'at' after the word 'maim' is incorrect and should be eliminated. The word 'maim' means 'to injure someone so severely that the body part stops working.' It should read as:'Armed groups continued to kill and maim children and target schools.'

Option 3 is thus the correct answer.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case. Today, twenty?two years after the bank (1), it ha

2. What is the correct alternative of - Kindness with which he treated me can't be forgotten.

3. 1. The first illness I read about was cholera. P. I sat for a while, too frightened to move. Q. I came to malaria. R. As I read the list of symptoms , it seemed to me that perhaps I had cholera myself. S. Then , in a kind of dream , I started to turn the pages of the book again. 6. Yes , there was no doubt about it ?" I had malaria too.

4. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence.  Corruption is the (most serious problem) in India right now.

5. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word opposite in meaning to the word given. Colossal

6. Below, a passage is given with ten blanks labelled (A)-(J). Below the passage, five options are given for each blank. Choose the word that fits each blank most appropriately in the context of the passage, and mark the corresponding answer. The lengthy communiqué from the leaders published at

7. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words have been printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.Crude oil has had a long history, and an interesting one. It is probably one single natural resource that has been instr

8. Out of the four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/sentences and click the button corresponding to it.One who knows everything.

9. In the following question, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and click the button corresponding to it. If the sentence is free from error, click the 'No error' option. Fanny will been (A)/ there tomorrow (B)/ for the meeting. (C)/ No error (D)

10. Rearrange the following sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E), (F) into a proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and answer the questions. One contributing factor to this poverty is the inability of people to feed themselves effectively. When human rights are compromised, most often it