ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following sentence, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose the option ‘No improvement’. And yet, it seems to me, this is the beginning of our recognition of the Divine. A. Seemingly to me B. Seemed to me C. Seemed in me

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 16 | Tags: grammar     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following sentence, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose the option ‘No improvement’.

And yet, it seems to me, this is the beginning of our recognition of the Divine.

A. Seemingly to me

B. Seemed to me

C. Seemed in me

1). Both A and B
2). Only B
3). Both B and C
4). Only A

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |

The sentence uses the form seems to me$, which is correct and needs no improvement.

Since the second verb used is the simple present tense 'is', we cannot use the simple past tense verb 'seemed' here.

None of the alternatives can make the sentence meaningful.

Therefore, the correct answer is option 5.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the passage given below there are 8 blanks, each followed by a word given in bold. Each blank has four alternative words given in options (1), (2), (3) and (4). You have to tell which word will best suit the respective blank. Mark (5) as your answer if the word given in bold after the blank

2. In the following passage, there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage, against each, five words are suggested. One of the five words fits in the given blank perfectly. Mark the most appropriate word.Adolescence is a transitional phase between child

3. What is the correct alternative of - What means this world

4. 1. The very first battle they fought P. and they had to fall back Q. cross the border R. was lost. S. letting the enemy 6. and enter the country .

5. In the following question, out of the given four alternatives, select the one which best expresses the meaning of the given word. Clement

6. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase.X marks the spot

7. In the following question, out of the given four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the Idiom/Phrase. A hair’s breadth

8. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).The struggle for independence is gaining movement every day.

9. Which of the phrase given against each sentence should replace the word/ phrase, given in bold in a sentence to make it grammatically correct? If the sentence is correct as it is given and no correction is required, choose ?No correction required? as the answer.

10. Each question below has two blanks each blank indicating that something has been omitted Find out which option can be used to fill up the blank in the sentence in the same sequence to make it meaningfully complete.