ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Direction: Read the following information carefully and answer the questions that follow: In a certain coding system, P & Q means P is not greater than Q, P % Q means P neither smaller than nor greater than Q. P @ Q means P is neither smaller nor equal to Q, P $ Q means P is not smaller than Q Based on the information provided above, answer the following questions. Statements: L @ T, A % O, T $ D, A @ L Conclusions: I. T % O II. L @ D

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 19 | Tags: coded inequalities     | reasoning and computer aptitude     | Add Bounty

Direction: Read the following information carefully and answer the questions that follow:

In a certain coding system,

P & Q means P is not greater than Q,

P % Q means P neither smaller than nor greater than Q.

P @ Q means P is neither smaller nor equal to Q,

P $ Q means P is not smaller than Q

Based on the information provided above, answer the following questions.

Statements: L @ T, A % O, T $ D, A @ L

Conclusions:

I. T % O

II. L @ D

1). Only I follows
2). Only II follows
3). Either I or II follows
4). Neither I nor II follows

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |

According to the information given,

P

Symbol

&

%

@

$

Meaning

=

Q

Given statement: L @ T, A % O, T $ D, A @ L

After converting: L > T, A = O, T ≥ D, A > L

After combining: O = A > L > T ≥ D

Conclusions:

I. T % O ⇒ T = O → false (as O = A > L > T → O > T)

II. L @ D ⇒ L > D → true (as L > T ≥ D → L > D)

Hence only conclusion II follows.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Directions: In the following question assuming the given statements to be True, find which of the conclusion among given conclusions is/are definitely true and then give your answers accordingly. A + B means A is neither smaller than nor equal to B A @ B means A is neither greater than nor eq

2. Direction: Read the following information carefully and answer the questions that follow: In a certain coding system, P & Q means P is not greater than Q, P % Q means P neither smaller than nor greater than Q. P @ Q means P is neither smaller nor equal to Q, P $ Q means P is not smaller than Q Based on the information provided above, answer the following questions. Statements: B $ V, B % G & D, M @ G Conclusions: I. M @ D II. D % M

3. In the following questions, the symbols =, @, *, %, $ and % are used with the following meaning as illustrated below: ‘X = Y’ means ‘X is neither greater than nor equal to Y’. ‘X @ Y’ means ‘X is neither smaller than nor greater than Y’. ‘X *

4. Direction: Read the following information carefully and answer the questions that follow: In a certain coding system, P & Q means P is not greater than Q, P % Q means P neither smaller than nor greater than Q. P @ Q means P is neither smaller nor equal to Q, P $ Q means P is not smaller than Q Based on the information provided above, answer the following questions. Statements: G $ P $ D, Q % R $ G, S & P Conclusions: I. P % Q II. D $ S

5. Directions: In the following questions, the symbols &, @, *, $ and % are used with the following meaning as illustrated below: ‘P & Q’ means ‘P is neither smaller than nor equal to Q’. ‘P @ Q’ means ‘P is neither greater than nor equal to Q’. &

6. Directions: In the following questions, the symbols ©, *, @, # and % are used with the following meaning as illustrated below: ‘P © Q’ means ‘P is not smaller than Q’.‘P * Q’ means ‘P is neither greater than nor smaller than Q’.‘P

7. Directions: In the following questions, the symbols $, %, *, & and © are used with the following meaning as illustrated below: P & Q means “P is neither smaller nor equal to Q”; P % Q means “P is not smaller than Q”; P @ Q means “P is not greater than Q&rdq

8. Direction: Read the following information carefully and answer the questions that follow: In a certain coding system, P & Q means P is not greater than Q, P % Q means P neither smaller than nor greater than Q. P @ Q means P is neither smaller nor equal to Q, P $ Q means P is not smaller than Q Based on the information provided above, answer the following questions. Statements: D @ A $ K, Q & R $ D, M % A Conclusions: I.  D @ R II. D % R

9. Directions: In the following questions, the symbols &, @, *, $ and % are used with the following meaning as illustrated below: ‘P & Q’ means ‘P is neither smaller than nor equal to Q’. ‘P @ Q’ means ‘P is neither greater than nor equal to Q’. &

10. Directions: In the following questions, the symbols (, ), ^, & and + are used with the following meaning as illustrated below: ‘A ( B’ means ‘A is neither greater than nor equal to B’. ‘A ) B’ means ‘A is neither smaller than nor equal to B ’. &lsqu