ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and click the option corresponding to it. If the sentence is free from error, click the 'No error' option. Your coming (A)/ over to my house (B)/ tomorrow, right? (C)/ No error (D)

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 18 | Tags: error spotting grammar     | error spotting     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and click the option corresponding to it. If the sentence is free from error, click the 'No error' option.

Your coming (A)/ over to my house (B)/ tomorrow, right? (C)/ No error (D)

1). A
2). B
3). C
4). D

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

The error lies in part A of the sentence. Hence, the answer is option 1.

The first part of the sentence is incorrect because ‘coming’ is a verb and ‘Your’ must ideally be followed by a noun in a sentence. Here, it is followed by ‘coming’, which means ‘Your’ is a misfit and the correct word is ‘You’re’ which is short for ‘You are’.

The corrected sentence will thus be: 'You're coming over to my house tomorrow, right?'

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase.To cut off a branch, limb, or twig from the main body of a tree

2. A passage is given with five questions following it. Read the passage carefully and select the best answer to each question out of the given four alternatives. The Indian Space Research Organisation boosted its reputation further when it successfully launched a record 104 satellites in one mission

3. Choose the passage that is correctly punctuated.

4. Read the following passage and answer the questions below.Consider your average morning routine. Most of us begin taking in the day's news as soon as the clock radio wakes us up. Then there is the morning news brief from the television while eating breakfast followed by a local radio station during

5. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) He asked me to /(B) completely forget her,/(C) but only I know /(D ) how easy it is to say so. /(E) No Error.

6. Find out the misspelt word

7. Directions: Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below.(A) The group desired to enhance the learning experience in schools with an interactive digital medium that could be used

8. In the following sentence, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose the option ‘No improvement’. Private investors may been unable to capture the full benefits from provision of public goods. A. Have begun unable  B. May be unable  C. Would be unable D. Could unable 

9. In the following question, sentence given with blank is to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option.The insecticide is very powerful and can kill a wide ___________ of insects.

10. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Apartheid is an Afrikaans word that means "separation." It is the name given to the particular racial-social ideology developed in South Africa during the twentieth century. The system was based on white supremacy&n