ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Direction: In the question below, a statement is given followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. An assumption is something supposed or taken for granted. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement. Statemen

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 44 | Tags: statements and conclusions     | reasoning     | Add Bounty

Direction: In the question below, a statement is given followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. An assumption is something supposed or taken for granted. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.

Statement: 

The principal decided to punish Rohan for the nuisance that he created in the school annual day. 

Assumptions:

I: Rohan will be punished for being absent on the school annual day.

II: Rohan's entire class will be rewarded for handling the situation very well. 

1). Only assumption I is implicit.
2). Only assumption II is implicit.
3). Neither assumption I nor II is implicit.
4). Both assumptions I and II are implicit.

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |

The given statement mentions that Rohan created a nuisance in the school annual day function. 

The assumption that Rohan will be punished for being absent is thus incorrect and can not be implied. Hence, the assumption I is not implicit. 

The second assumption states that Rohan's class will be rewarded for handling the situation. However, it cannot be implied by the statement. 

Hence, neither assumption I nor II is implicit.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the question given below is given a statement followed by two conclusions. You have to assume everything in the statement to be true and decide which of the conclusion logically follows beyond a reasonable doubt from the information given in the statement. Statements: The girl standing in the street is hungry. Conclusions: I. Girls have higher food capacity. II. The girl is poor.

2. Read the statements and select a conclusion from the given alternatives: Statement: Sukhvinder emphasized the need to replace the present training programme by other methods which will bring out the real merit of the candidates. Conclusions: I. It is not important to bring out the real merit of the candidates. II. The present training programme does not bring out the real merit of the candidates.

3. One statement is given followed by two conclusions/assumptions, I and II. You have to consider the statement to be true, even if it seems to be at variance from commonly known facts. You are to decide which of the given conclusions/assumptions definitely be drawn from the given statement. Statement

4. Directions:  One statement is given, followed by two conclusions, I and II. You have to consider the statement to be true, even if it seems to be at variance from commonly known facts. You are to decide which of the given conclusions be definitely drawn from the given statement. Statement: The

5. Read the statements and select a conclusion from the given alternatives: Statements: The healthcare system has expanded in terms of the number of hospitals. But the fact is that most of them are not well equipped and unable to make significant progress in the field of patient care. Conclusions: I. We should provide good doctors and equipment to existing hospitals now onwards. II. Now, it is not necessary to open any new hospitals.

6. In each question below is given one statement that is followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. Consider the statement and decide which of the given assumptions is implicit. Statement: Honest people do not prefer to work in government sector unless they want to change system. 

7. In the question below is given a statement followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to assume everything in the statement to be true, then consider the two conclusions together and decide which of them logically follow beyond a reasonable doubt from the information given in the statem

8. In the question below is given a statement followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to assume everything in the statement to be true, then consider the two conclusions together and decide which of them logically followed beyond a reasonable doubt from the information given in the stat

9. In the question a statement is given, followed by two arguments, I and II. You have to consider the statement to be true even if it seems to be at variance from commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the given arguments, if any, is a strong argument. Statement: Should cameras be installed in public school class - rooms to monitor teachers? Argument I: No, This will violate privacy norms. Argument II: Yes, This will make teachers more accountable, increasing their productivity.

10. In the question, one statement is given followed by two conclusions I and II. You have to consider the statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the conclusion, if any, follow from the given statements. Statement: “Ma