ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Direction: In the following question assuming the given statements to be true, find which of the conclusion among given conclusions is / are definitely true and then give your answers accordingly. Statements:  B ≥ C = D ≥ E; A ≤ F ≤ P = D Conclusions: I. D ≥ A II. B ≥ F

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 7 | Tags: mathematical inequalities     | reasoning ability     | Add Bounty

Direction: In the following question assuming the given statements to be true, find which of the conclusion among given conclusions is / are definitely true and then give your answers accordingly.

Statements: 

B ≥ C = D ≥ E; A ≤ F ≤ P = D

Conclusions:

I. D ≥ A

II. B ≥ F

1). If I is true then II should be true.
2). Both I and II are true.
3). Only I is true.
4). Only II is true.

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |

Given statements: B ≥ C = D ≥ E; A ≤ F ≤ P = D

On combining: C = D ≥ F ≥ A; B ≥ D ≥ E; D = P ≥ F ≥ A

Conclusions:

I. D ≥ A → True (as A ≤ P and P = D → A ≤ D or D ≥ A).

II. B ≥ F → True (as B ≥ D and F ≤ P and P = D → F ≤ D or D ≥ F → B ≥ F).

Therefore, both conclusion I and conclusion II are true.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Direction: In the following question assuming the given statements to be true, find which of the conclusion among given conclusions is / are definitely true and then give your answers accordingly. Statements: E < U = R ≥ T; A > U ≥ X Conclusions: I. A > E II. X ≤ T

2. Directions: In the following question assuming the given statements to be true, find which of the conclusion among given three conclusions is /are definitely true and then give your answers accordingly. Statements: U ≤ V; W < V; W > X = Y ≥ Z; S ≥ V; A < U; W ≥ B Conclusions: I. A ≤ S II. Y > B III. Z < V

3. Directions: In the following question assuming the given statements to be True, find which of the conclusion among given three conclusions is /are definitely True and then give your answers accordingly: Statements: S ≤ J, J < G, G ≥ C, C > D Conclusion: I. S < G II. S ≥ G III. D < S

4. Direction: In the following question assuming the given statements to be true, find which of the conclusion among given conclusions is/are definitely true and then give your answers accordingly. Statements: B > D < T ≥ V = M ≥ X > Z Conclusions: I. T > X II. T = X III. T ≥ Z

5. Direction: In the following question assuming the given statements to be true, find which of the conclusion among given conclusions is/are definitely true and then give your answers accordingly. Statements: H ≤ Q ≤ R = E; P ≥ B > H Conclusions: I. Q ≤ B II. B ˃ P

6. Directions: In the following question, statements have different relations between different elements. Study the relations carefully. Statements: R = Q, B ≤ Q, B ≥ M, M < X Conclusions: I. X > Q II. Q ≥ M

7. Direction: In the following question assuming the given statements to be true, find which of the conclusion among given conclusions is / are definitely true and then give your answers accordingly. Statements: A ≤ F ≥ I; E > M = I; A > D < K Conclusions: I. A ≥ I II. E > I III. D < K

8. Which of the following symbols should be placed in the blank spaces respectively *(in the same order, from left to right) in order to complete the given expression in such a manner that makes the expression ‘K > N’ and ‘M > O’ definitely false? K__L__M__N__O

9. Which of the following symbols should be placed in the blank spaces respectively (in the same order from left to right) in order to complete the given expression in such a manner that “T > N, W ≠ Q” definitely holds true? Z__W; A__T; Q__N; A__W; Q__T.

10. Directions: In the following question assuming the given statements to be true, find which of the conclusion among the given five conclusions is/are true and then give your answer accordingly. Statements: B = N ≥ D; D > R ≥ T; T ≥ K = C ≥ I ≤ M Conclusions: I) D > K II) B > M III) C < D IV) K < B