ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the question below, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed choose 'No improvement'. They were not in the office, they will have gone home already.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 25 | Tags: phrase replacement grammar     | phrase replacement     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the question below, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed choose 'No improvement'.

They were not in the office, they will have gone home already.

1). Should have gone
2). Might have gone
3). Have gone
4). No improvement

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
To show a positive past possibility the correct modal  format is 'might have+past participle' so option 2 is the right way of writing it.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. What is the substitute of - Give and receive mutually

2. What is the antonym or opposite of word AFFLUENT

3. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error' . The vast majority of people are consuming (1)/ suboptimal amounts of most micronutrients (2)/ and most of the micronutrients concerning are very safe. (3)/ No error (4)

4. Having no arguments to defend his point, the speaker began to beat about the bush .

5. In the following question, four words are given out of which one word is incorrectly spelt. Find the incorrectly spelt word.

6. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.My nephew (1)/ begun working for me (2)/ about ten years ago. (3)/ No Error (4).

7. In the following question, a blank is given. From the given four options, a combination of words would fit the blank; making it grammatically and contextually correct. Mark that alternative as the answer. Mrs. Masters was an ancient lady with a _______ for lavender perfumes. A) Gourmand B) Ire C) Penchant D) Disinclination

8. What is the antonym or opposite of word Suppress

9. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. I said to my father, "I want to build a raft which can hold four people ."

10. The following question consists of a single sentence with two blanks. You are given five pairs as answer choice and from the five pairs, you have to pick up one correct answer, which will make the sentence meaningfully complete. Human beings are ________ and selfish in nature; often we tend to betray our closed ones __________ for our benefit and that is where the phrase 'survival of the fittest' comes from.