ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Arya and Tanishq are partners in a startup. Arya contributes 1/6th of the capital for 16 months and tanishq receives 2/3rd of the profit. For how long was tanishq‘s money used?

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 28 | Tags: profit and loss     | mix     | Add Bounty

Arya and Tanishq are partners in a startup. Arya contributes 1/6th of the capital for 16 months and tanishq receives 2/3rd of the profit. For how long was tanishq‘s money used?

1). 6.4
2). 8
3). 10
4). 12

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |

Let the total profit be Rs. X

⇒ Tanishq’s share = 2X/3

⇒ Arya’s share = X – 2X/3 = X/3

⇒ Profit ratio is X/3 : 2X/3 = 1 : 2

Let total capital be Y and Tanishq contributed for Z months

So, Tanishq’s investment share is 5/6 of the capital

⇒ Profit ratio = Arya’s investment for 16 months : Tanishq investment for Z months

⇒ 1 : 2 = (Y × 16/6) : (5Y/6 × Z)

⇒ 1/2 = 16/5Z

⇒ Z = 32/5

⇒ Z = 6.4 months

∴ Tanishq’s money was used for 6.4 months

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Directions: Study the given information carefully to answer the given questions. B, C, D, N, O, P and H are seven different jeans of different brands kept in a rack of Lifestyle. i.e. Reebok, Adidas, Puma, UCB, Duke, Bossini and Nike but not necessarily in the same order. Jeans which is of Reebok

2. Given below is a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. You should use the given data and your knowledge of Mathematics to choose between the possible answers. By selling a product with 10% profit, how much profit was earned? I. The difference between selling and cost price is Rs. 40. II. The selling price is 110 % of the cost price.

3. Direction: In a college, there are total 280 students. The ratio of boys and girls is 4 : 3. In a college fest, they perform in 3 events viz. Singing, Dancing and Drama. In singing event, 50% of the total girls and 40% of the total boys perform. In dancing event, 30% of the total girls and 30% of th

4. Which of the phrases (1), (2), (3) and (4) given below each statement should be placed in the blank space provided so as to make meaningful and grammatically correct sentence? If none of the options is appropriate, mark (5) i.e. ‘None of these’ as the answer. It showed that in comparison to the bid under the UPA there was an overall escalation in the price of each jet in the 2016 deal struck by the Modi government, ________

5. Directions: Study the following information carefully and answer the given questions. 10 people who are part of a family cover 4 generations. A is born in January and is the mother of three children, two of which are born in February. E is the wife of H who is the son of I and is born in the s

6. Directions: Study the following information carefully to answer the questions that follow. There are two trains A and B. Both trains have four different types of coaches viz. general coaches, sleeper coaches, first class coaches and AC coaches. In train A, there are total 700 passengers. Train B h

7. Anil Kumar Chaudhary has been appointed as the new chairman of ________.

8. Direction: Study the information given below carefully and answer the questions given below. M is the only son of X. C is the wife of X. S and Y are the daughters of C. C is the daughter of W and R. None of the daughter of X is married. Q is the grandson of C. D is the mother of X. Find which of the following statement is definitely correct? I) Y is the brother of M. II) S is the granddaughter of D. III) R is the father-in-law of M.

9. The following sentences are broken into parts. One or more parts may have an error in them. Find out the combination which contains an error. If the sentence is free from error, mark no error. (1) There have been many instances of robberies (2) in night in this neighbourhood (3) because of which the locals have pooled resources and (4) hire a security guard from the agency.

10. Direction: Study the following information carefully and answer the given questions. S, T, U, V, W, X and Y are 7 boxes which are kept in a stack but not necessarily in the same order. There are 4 boxes between T and W. There are 2 boxes between W and Y. Only one box is between U and V. Box U is kept above V. U is not immediately above Y. There are as many boxes between T and V as between W and S. U is not the topmost box. How many boxes are kept between S and X?