ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

36 vote

The ratio of the ages of two persons is 4:7 and the age of one of them is greater than that of the other by 30 years. The sum of their ages (in years) is

Asked on by | Votes 36 | Views: 1437 | Tags: mathematics     | ratio and proportion     | quantitative aptitude     | ssc     | Add Bounty

The ratio of the ages of two persons is 4:7 and the age of one of them is greater than that of the other by 30 years. The sum of their ages (in years) is
1). 110
2). 100
3). 70
4). 40k

SSC CGL Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

33 vote
Answered by on | Votes 33 |
option 1 : seems correct

Join Telegram Group

20 vote
Answered by on | Votes 20 |

Ages of the persons = 4x and
7x years.
$\therefore$ 7x – 4x = 30

$\Rightarrow$ 3x = 30
 $\Rightarrow$ x = 10
$\therefore$ Sum of their ages = 4x + 7x
= 11x years
= 11 × 10 = 110 years

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1.  Seema and Sadhna started a boutique by investing Rs 35000 and Rs 56000 respectively. If Seema's share in the profit earned by them is Rs 45000, what is the total profit earned ?

2. Between two consecutive years my income are in the ratio of 2 : 3 and expenses in the ratio 5 : 9. If my income in the second year is Rs.45000 and my expenses in the first year is Rs. 25000 my total savings for the two years is :

3.  If Rs.800/- Rupees are divided among a,b and c in such a way that A’s share 4 times more than B, B’s share is 3 times more than C. The C’s share is?

4.  39% of one number is equal to 91 % of another number. What is the ratio of the first number number to the second ?

5. 200 litres of a mixture contains milk and water in the ratio 17 : 3. After the addition of some more milk to it, the ratio of milk to water in the resulting mixture becomes 7 : 1. The quantity of milk added to it was

6. In an examination, the number of those who passed and the number of those who failed were in the ratio 25 : 4. If five had appeared and the number of failures was 2 less than earlier, the ratio of passers to failures would have been 22 : 3. The total number who appeared at the eaxamination is

7. The third proportional of two numbers 4 and 28 is _______.

8. If A:B = 1:2, B:C = 3:4, C:D = 6:9 and D:E = 12:16 , then A:B:C:D:E is equal to

9.  The third proportional to 1 and 2 is?

10. If the cost price of 20 books is the same as selling price of 25 books, then the loss percentage is