ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

32 vote

In the following question, two equations are given. You have to solve both the equations and find the relation between ‘x’ and ‘y’ and mark the correct answer. A. x2 – 36x + 324 = 0 B. y2 – 42y + 441 = 0

Asked on by | Votes 32 | Views: 215 | Tags: algebra     | quantitative aptitude     | Add Bounty

In the following question, two equations are given. You have to solve both the equations and find the relation between ‘x’ and ‘y’ and mark the correct answer.

A. x2 – 36x + 324 = 0

B. y2 – 42y + 441 = 0

1). if x > y
2). if x ≥ y
3). if x < y
4). if x ≤ y

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

36 vote
Answered by on | Votes 36 |

First Equation:

x2 – 36x + 324 = 0

⇒ x2 – 18x – 18x + 324 = 0

⇒ x(x – 18) – 18(x – 18) = 0

⇒ x = 18, 18

Second Equation:

y2 – 42x + 441 = 0

⇒ y2 – 21y – 21y + 441 = 0

⇒ y(y – 21) – 21(y – 21) = 0

⇒ y = 21

⇒ x = 18, y = 21

∴ y > x
Accepted Answer

Join Telegram Group

Other Questions

1. The perpendiculars drawn from the vertices to the opposite sides of a triangle, meet at the point whose name is

2. On dividing $111a^{2}b^{2}c ^{2}$ by $37a^{2}$ ,we get ______.

3. In each of these question two equations I & II with variables a & b are given You have to solve both the equations to find the values of a & b Mark answer if a) a<b b) $$a\leq b$$ c) relationship between a & b cannot be established d) a>b e) $$a\geq b$$

4. In the following question two equations are given. You have to solve these equations and determine relation between x and y. I. \(\frac{8}{{\surd x\;}} + \frac{{18}}{{\surd x}} = \surd x\) II.√y - \(\frac{{{{\left( {4\; \times \;64} \right)}^{1/2}}}}{{\surd y}}\) = 0

5. If the sum of digits is 9 and the difference between the digit in the ten’s place and unit’s place is 1, then the two-digit number is:

6. ABCD is a cyclic quadrilateral. The side AB is extended to E in such a way that BE = BC. If $\angle ADC$ = $70^{0}$ , $\angle BAD$ = $95^{0}$ ,then $\angle DCE$ is equal to

7. Directions: In the following questions two equations numbered I and II are given. You have to solve both the equations and Give answer: I. x2 ​– 25 = 0 II. y2 – 10y + 25 = 0

8. Find out the approximate value which should replace the question mark (?) in the following questions. (You are not expected to find out the exact value)

9. ABCD is a cyclic quadrilateral. AB and DC are produced to meet at P. If $\angle ADC$ = $70^{0}$ and $\angle DAB$ = $60^{0}$, then the $\angle PBC + \angle PCB$ is

10. The length of the diagonal BD of the parallelogram ABCD is 18 cm . If P and Q are the centroid of the $\triangle ABC$ and $\triangle ADC$ respectively then the length of the line segment PQ is