ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

A sentence has been given in Active/Passive Voice. Out of the four given alternatives, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active Voice. The teacher told him to collect assignments.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 27 | Tags: active and passive voice     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

A sentence has been given in Active/Passive Voice. Out of the four given alternatives, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active Voice.

The teacher told him to collect assignments.

1).

He was told to collect assignments by the teacher.

2).

He is told by the teacher to collect assignments.

3).

The teacher asked him to collect assignments.

4).

He was asked to collect assignments. 

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
The given sentence is in simple past tense => passive voice will be was/were + past participle of tell = told. Option 1) is the correct answer.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. 1. The highway bypass would have disastrous effects on the area's home owners.P. Finally the new road would cause residential properties to depreciate. Q. What is more, home owners would have to deal with the increased noise and pollution. R. This would increase vehicles in the neighbourhood . S. The new road would cut directly through the middle of the subdivision.6. This means that families who chose to move away would have to sell their homes for far less than their current value.

2. Read the sentence to find out whether there is an error in it or not. The error, if any, will be in TWO PARTS of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is (5). Ignore errors of punctuation, if any. I couldn't bought an iPhone yesterday since (A)/ when I reached there, the last (B)/ piece already sold. I will try (C)/ my luck again tomorrow. (D)/

3. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence.Human beings are social animals, (who are living in communities), regulated by social norms and laws.

4. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'.The road from(A)/my house(B)/to temple is full of potholes.(C)/No error(D)

5. In the following question, two columns are given, containing three phrases each. A phrase from the first column may or may not connect with a phrase from the second column to make a grammatically and contextually correct sentence. There are five options, four of which display the sequence(s) in whic

6. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which will improve the bracketed part of the sentence. In case no improvement is needed, select "no improvement". The new educational systems in (era of) globalization are global.

7. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it.Certain words/phrases have been printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.Princess Chandravati was very beautiful. She loved all kinds of ornaments and always wanted to wear the most prec

8. In the following questions, the first and the last sentences of the passage numbered 1 and 6. The rest of the passage is split into four parts and named P, Q, R and S. These four parts are not given in their proper order. Read the sentence and find out which of the four combinations is corr

9. Direction: Which of the phrases a), b),c) and d) given below each statement should be placed in the blank space provided so as to make a meaningful and grammatically correct sentence?If none of the sentences is appropriate, mark e) i.e. 'None of these' as the answer.

10. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.Everyone are expected (1)/ to come (2)/ to school tomorrow. (3)/ No error (4).