ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, the sentence with blank is to be filled with appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option. Previously, she was one of the three Deputy Director-Generals supporting the Director-General in ________ all programmes.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 19 | Tags: fill in the blanks grammar     | fill in the blanks     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, the sentence with blank is to be filled with appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option.

Previously, she was one of the three Deputy Director-Generals supporting the Director-General in ________ all programmes.

1). Oversees
2). Overseen
3). Overseeing
4). Oversaw

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

Option 3 is the correct answer because, 'overseeing' means 'supervising (a person or their work), especially in an official capacity'. The verb 'supporting' suggests that the next verb must also be in progressive form to form the parallelism.

Let us take an example to understand it better:

• My mother is helping my brother in completing his homework.

Option 1 is wrong because, first form of verb is given which doesn't form a balance with the verb 'supporting'.

Option 2 is wrong because, participle form is given.

Option 4 is wrong because, second form of verb is given.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Directions: Each question below has two blanks, each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the set of words for each blank that best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.

2. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'.I asked the shopkeeper (A)/'Do you have change(B)/for a five hundred rupees note?'(C)/No error(D)

3. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives and click the button corresponding to it. Most successful companies, institutions and organizations have mission statements. Most individuals d

4. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.With our great annoyance (1)/ we found the ground (2)/ filled with broken glasses. (3)/ No error (4).

5. In the following questions, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and click the button corresponding to it. If the sentence is free from error, click the 'No error'option.Some of the richest (A) / business magnate (B) / live inMumbai. (C) / No Error (D)

6. In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.Without doubt there is one thing a: to all of us w

7. Rearrange the following SIX sentences/ group of sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E), (F) and in proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them . A Some other people refer to intellectual qualities like intelligence, activeness, way of speech, thinking

8. . Fill in the blank(s) with the correct word(s) I am __________   my weekend with my cousins, so I won't be able to _______  to your brunch.

9. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.The earth moves (1)/ round the Sun, (2)/ Isn't it ? (3)/. No error. (4).

10. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Read carefully. We can see from the histories of different parts of the world that the relationship between the movements in poverty and inequality is not unique. In