ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Three sentences are given below, with each highlighting a word. Choose the alternative that reflects a grammatically and contextually correct usage. A. Sadly, hunger and poverty were not considered as extenuating circumstances by the court. B. The doctor decided to vitiate and get the patient back in his hospital that day. C. There were different tenets on that hill; which Suzie loved to play with.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 29 | Tags: vocabulary     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Three sentences are given below, with each highlighting a word. Choose the alternative that reflects a grammatically and contextually correct usage.

A. Sadly, hunger and poverty were not considered as extenuating circumstances by the court.

B. The doctor decided to vitiate and get the patient back in his hospital that day.

C. There were different tenets on that hill; which Suzie loved to play with.

1). Only A
2). Only B
3). Both A and B
4). Both B and C

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

Let's look at the meanings of the given words:

Extenuating- acting in mitigation to lessen the seriousness of something.

Vitiate- spoil or impair the quality or efficiency of.

Tenet- a principle or belief

From this, it is clear that only A uses the word in a contextually and grammatically correct manner.

None of the other sentences are meaningful.

Therefore, the correct answer is option 1.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'.  I am not sure if they (1)/ are aware in the new programme (2)/ implemented by the Government? (3)/ No error (4)

2. Choose the incorrectly spelt word.

3. - In order to compensate the investors, what kind of debentures are issued at substantial discount and the difference between the nominal value and the issue price is treated as the amount of interest related to the duration of the debentures?

4. Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error or idiomatic error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is No error the answer is e:. (Ignore errors of punctuation if any)

5. In these questions, some parts of the sentences have errors and some are correct. Find out which part of a sentence has an error and mark corresponding to the appropriate correct option. If a sentence is free from error, mark corresponding to "No error' option in the Answer sheet.

6. Rearrange the parts of the sentence in correct order.Even the knowledgeP-for less disastrous policiesQ-the Census would makeR-of elementary facts from

7. Read the following passage based on an Interview to answer the givenquestions based on it. Certain words are printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.A spate of farmer suicides linked to harassment by recovery agents employed by micro finance institutions (MFLs)

8. What is the active/passive of - Did everybody miss the first bus

9. From the given options, select the one that represents the appropriate meaning of the underlined IDIOM in the sentence given below. My sister and I can never see eye to eye when it comes to choosing a place to go for a holiday.

10. In the following passage there are blanks each of which has been numbered: These numbers are printed below the passage and against each five words/phrases are suggested one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case:I used to look (1) to the holidays. I was usu