ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Improve the bracketed part of the sentence. (Be in the military) is grueling but satisfying.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 25 | Tags: phrase replacement grammar     | phrase replacement     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Improve the bracketed part of the sentence.

(Be in the military) is grueling but satisfying.

1). Go in the military
2). Goes in the military
3). Being in the military
4). No improvement

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |

The correct answer is option 3.

The given sentence is incorrect because the verbs ‘grueling’ and ‘satisfying’ are in the present continuous tenses but ‘be’ is not. Thus, converting ‘be’ into present continuous tense is the solution, which is option 3. Option 2 again uses simple present tense ‘goes’. The verb ‘go’ is also incorrect in option 1.

Hence the correct sentence is – ‘$Being in the military $is grueling but satisfying’. 

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. She was relieved to hear from the doctor that the tumour was not malignat; it was.......... .

2. Which of the phrases (a) (b) (c) (d) given below each statement should be placed in the blank space provided so as to make a meaningful and grammatically correct sentence? If none of the sentence is appropriate marks (e) as the answer.

3. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.The items I liked most (l)/ were the rosewood carvings (2)/ and the teak-wood furnitures of Dutch design (3)/ No error. (4).

4. Read the following story carefully and answer the questions given. Certain words/phrases have been given in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.Once there was a king who had been trying really hard to capture an elephant, but that prize had proved elusive. All the hunt

5. According to Siddharth what was the reason for suffering and unhappiness in theWorld?

6. In each question below a sentence with four words printed in bold type is given These are numbered as 1),2),3),4) One of these four words printed in bold may be either wrongly spelt or inappropriate in the context of the sentence Find out the word which is wrongly spelt or inappropriate if any.The number of that words is your answer if all the words printed in bold are correctly spelt and also appropriate in the context of the sentence mark 5)i.e.All correct? as your answer.

7. In the following question, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence. Over the course of this trial, the prosecution intends to get to the crux of the matter.

8. In each question below, four words which are numbered a, b, c and d have been printed of which one may be wrongly spelt. The number of that word is the answer. If all the four words are correctly spelt mark e. i.e. ?All correct? as the answer.

9. In the following question, the sentence given with blank is to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option. I have no _____ of hiding who I am because I know I have done nothing wrong

10. A sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four given alternatives, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. Ramesh asked Suresh how he would have known about that.