ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In physically A- fit people, calorie restriction B- and periodic fasting slows C- down the ageing process

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 17 | Tags: sentence jumbles     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

The question below consists of a set of labelled sentences. Out of the four options given, select the most logical order of the sentences to form a coherent paragraph.

In physically

A- fit people, calorie restriction

B- and periodic fasting slows

C- down the ageing process

1). ABC
2). CBA
3). CAB
4). BCA

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |

Correct option - 1

Clearly, the paragraph cannot end with A because it gives an incomplete meaning. Hence, options 2 & 4 are eliminated. Since, the starter ends with adjective "physically", hence it cannot be followed by an adverb "down". Thus, option 3 is eliminated. Hence, option 1 i.e. ABC is the correct answer.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Who is the current CAG of India?

2. 1. Hailstones consist of many onion like layers of ice. P. The process continues until the hailstone is too heavy to be lifted and then it drops to the earth. Q. in certain weather conditions small ice crystals drop to form a crystal. R. some of the moisture freezes on to the crystals forming another layer. S. Updrafts carry the hailstones and when it drops another layer is formed. 6. That is how hailstones are formed.

3. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.He has promised (1)/ to pay me the whole amount (2)/ in cheque with the stipulated time. (3)/ No error (4).

4. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below. This may have gone largely unnoticed, but amongst the various measures the government is planning to introduce to keep a tab on its citizens, the newest is a chip in our TV set-top boxes. The Ministry of Information and

5. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).He reached the village Just when the sun was setting.

6. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice. No one answered my call for help.

7. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.He is very angry on me (1)/ because I failed (2)/ to return his book.(3)/No Error (4).

8. Propitious

9. In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage, against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.A long time (1), in Athens, a middle-aged man had two

10. Read the passage carefully and answer the questions that follow:In the Fifth grade, Benjamin Carson thought he was one of the dumbest kids in his class. His classmates thought he was one of the dumbest, his teacher thought he was one of the dumbest, and he thought he was one of the dumbest. Therefor