ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the question below, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose 'No improvement'. It's typical of a jingoistic country that the citizens look down on their geographical neighbors. A. look down to B. looked down to C. looking down on

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 30 | Tags: phrase replacement grammar     | phrase replacement     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the question below, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose 'No improvement'.

It's typical of a jingoistic country that the citizens look down on their geographical neighbors.

A. look down to

B. looked down to

C. looking down on

1). Only A
2). Only C
3). Only B
4). No improvement

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |

The sentence uses the form 'look down on’ which is correct and doesn't have to be improved.$

'Look down on’ is a three-word phrasal verb which means 'despise’. $

Hence the correct answer is option 4.$

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In each question given below a sentence is given and is divided into three parts I, II and III. For each part, a correction statement is also given. You have to determine which part requires correction and mark it as your answer. On a time when rising oil prices are putting are increased pres

2. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).Sachin Tendulkar has completed hundred centuries, hasn't he ?

3. An American scientist has won the Nobel Prize for Physics.

4. In the following sentence, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative and in case no changes are required, select 'No improvement' as the correct option. Come on, I think you'v

5. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.Be sides th e incre asing complex ity and behaviour of intelligent software, (A)/ which is usually e mbe d (B)/ in the academic digita l mat e rial, th e ne e d for h uman in teractio n in the learnin g process will always be present. (C)/ No error (D)

6. What is the correct alternative of - I would have waited for you at the station if I knew that you would come.

7. If I ........... a doctor, I would serve the poor.

8. What is the substitute of - Code of diplomatic etiquette and precedence

9. What is the correct alternative of - Shyam told me that I have stolen his pen.

10. What is the correct alternative of - The ancient Olympic games was a series of athletic competitions among representatives of various city/states of Ancient Greece.