ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option. Her father died because they did not immediately _____ a doctor.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 27 | Tags: fill in the blanks grammar     | fill in the blanks     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option.

Her father died because they did not immediately _____ a doctor.

1). Call for
2). Call up
3). Call at
4). Call in

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |

Correct option - 2

Firstly, let's find out the meaning of following options :-

Call for- to necessitate.$

Call up - call (someone) up to do something.

Call at - to stop at a place for a short time, especially for a train etc.$

Call in -to $telephone a $radio or $television $programme with a $comment or $question

Clearly, option 2 i.e. call up gives the most appropriate answer for given blank. Hence, option 2 is the correct answer.

Correct sentence - Her father died because they did not immediately call up a doctor.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase. Friendly and cheerful

2. Find out the misspelt word

3. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.Tea (l)/which I am drinking (2)/is hot (3). No error (4)

4. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which is opposite in meaning to the given word and click the button corresponding to it.SOOTHE

5. What is the antonym or opposite of word COAX

6. Which of the following phrases (A), (B), (C) and (D) given below should replace the phrase given in bold in the following sentence to make the sentence grammatically meaningful and correct. If the sentence is correct as it is and ?No correction is required? , mark (E) as the answer.

7. I'll take .............. now as I have another's appointment some where else.

8. 1. We were taking tea at the Rathna Tea stall P. We found a tourist bus which had just rammed into a tamarind tree on the road side. Q. We rushed out of the tea stall R. We helped the passengers to get out the bus S. Suddenly we heard a loud noise followed by ciy for help 6. We informed the hospital and also the police about the accident.

9. Which of the phrases a, b, c, d given below each statement should be placed in the blank space provided so as to make a meaningful and grammatically correct sentence ? If none of the sentence is appropriate mark e, i,e ?None of these? as the answer.

10. Read the following passage carefnlly and answer the given question. Certain words have been given in bold to help you locate them while answering sonic of the questions.Once upon a time a Brahmin lived in a big city and as a result of his misdeeds in his previous birth, he became a thief. He saw fou