ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the question given below, the sentence is divided into three parts I, II and III. For each part an alternate statement is also given. You have to determine if a part requires correction, and then mark that as your answer. Limiting the supply of a certain imported product, while / increasing pric

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 21 | Tags: grammar     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the question given below, the sentence is divided into three parts I, II and III. For each part an alternate statement is also given. You have to determine if a part requires correction, and then mark that as your answer.

Limiting the supply of a certain imported product, while / increasing prices paid by consumers, allow local producers a chance / to improve their position in the market by filling the unmet demand. 

I. Limited the supply of a certain imported product, while

II. increasing prices paid by consumers, allows local producers a chance

III. to improving their position in the market by filling the unmet demand.

1). I, II and III
2). Both II and III
3). I only
4). Both I and II

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |

The error lies in part 2.

The sentence uses the plural form of the simple present tense verb 'allow'. This is incorrect as we are referring to 'one activity' (limiting supply of products), so we must use the form 'allows'.

Parts 1 and 3 are grammatically correct and hence do not require any corrections.

Therefore, the correct answer is option 5.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).The dog bite him.

2. In a bad way 

3. In the following question, four words are given out of which one word is correctly spelt. Select the correctly spelt word.

4. In the following question, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and click the option corresponding to it. If the sentence is free from error, click the 'No error' option. An important part of my success (A)/ have been my family members (B)/ who supported me. (C)/ No error (D)

5. What is the substitute of - A drug or other substance that induces sleep

6. Find out the misspelt word

7. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words/phrases have been printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions. A majority of Indians prefer to use the internet for accessing banking and other financial services than shoppi

8. In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives. As one of the most misunderstood practices, yoga has often borne the brunt of being __________ in extremes: of yogis in pretzel-l

9. Read the following passage carefully and answer the question given below it.Certain words/phrase have-been printed in the bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions. King Hutamasan felt he had everything in the world not only due to his riches and his noble knights but becau

10. In the following questions, read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. Select the part with the error as your answer. If there is no error,select No error? as your answer. Ignore the error of punctuation, if any.