ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

28 vote

In a sentence has been given in Active/Passive Voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active Voice. An i-pod has been bought by Anubhav’s mother.

Asked on by | Votes 28 | Views: 174 | Tags: active and passive voice     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In a sentence has been given in Active/Passive Voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active Voice.

An i-pod has been bought by Anubhav’s mother.

1). Anubhav’s mother was engaged in buying an i-pod.
2). Anubhav’s mother had bought an i-pod.
3). Anubhav’s mother has been buying an i-pod. 
4). Anubhav’s mother has bought an i-pod.

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

25 vote
Answered by on | Votes 25 |

The given sentence is in passive voice and hence in the active form the subject would be ‘Anubhav’s mother’ while the object will be ‘an I –pod’. Since the tense of the passive form is present perfect (has been bought) here, 'been' is compensated and present tense (has bought) is used for the active form. 

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. From the given alternatives, select the word which CANNOT be formed using the letters of the given word. Obliterate

2. Rearrange the following six sentences/groups of words in a proper sequence so as to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions given below them.(A) Basic human needs also include a sense of belongingness, a feeling of control over one?s life.(B) Motivation and inspiration energize peo

3. What is the substitute of - A person who attends to the diseases of the eye is an

4. The question below consists of a set of labelled sentences. These sentences, when properly sequenced form a coherent paragraph. Select the most logical order of sentences from among the options. P: A certain moral code of conduct is ultimately necessary to ensure that the society does not fall pr

5. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) Our leaders should /(B) not let the criminal /(C) activities to grow /(D) in our country. /(E) No Error.

6. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. The lady said to Preeta,"I want you to participate in the competition."

7. In the following question, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence. Zahir said she was late because her train was delayed by an hour, and we gave her the benefit of the doubt.

8. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence.The candidate was likely to win the assembly elections (with the) sweeping majority.

9. Out of the four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/sentences and click the button corresponding to it.An animal which lives by preying on other animals

10. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'. We told old people (1)/ to raise their hand  (2)/ so that we can manage their accommodations. (3)/ No error. (4)