ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, out of the given four alternatives, select the one which best expresses the meaning of the given word.  Surly 

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 30 | Tags: synonyms or antonyms     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, out of the given four alternatives, select the one which best expresses the meaning of the given word. 

Surly 

1). Sweet
2). Unfriendly
3). Clear
4). Pleasant

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
Surly = bad-tempered; unpleasant; unfriendly. Thus, Option 2) unfriendly is the correct answer.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. What is the synonym of word .ACCRUE

2. In each of the following questions, rearrange the given sentences (A), (B), (C) and (D) and indicate the correct sequence in which these sentences must appear so as to make a meaningful paragraph.

3. In the following question, some part of the sentences have errors and some are correct. Find out which part of a sentence has an error. The number of that part is the answer. If a sentence is lice from error, then your answer is (4) i.e., No error. Short stories and poems (1) / of varying quality (2) /appears in dailies and periodicals (3) /. No error (4)

4. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word opposite in meaning to the word given. Rebuke

5. The news was ............ good to be true.

6. Some parts of the sentence have errors and some are correct. Find out which part has an error and mark that part as your answer. If there are no errors, mark ‘No error’ as your answer. Gina received a Bharat Ratna for her skills in Badminton.

7. What is the substitute of - Science of the races of mankind

8. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word similar in meaning to the word given.  Articulate

9. The question below consists of a set of labelled sentences. These sentences, when properly sequenced form a coherent paragraph. Select the most logical order of sentences from among the options. P: While it is good to see SEBI taking a serious view of leaks and initiating suo motu action, bringin

10. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each My mom grew up in a traditional Chinese family in which open expressions of love were never encouraged. When she had me and my three siblings, she treated us with the same hard hand. It wa