ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Direction: In the following question assuming the given statements to be true, find which of the conclusion among given conclusions is/are definitely true and then give your answers accordingly. Statements: Z < P ≤ A = J ≥ T > N; T ≥ L = E; A < D; V < S > J > R Conclusions: I. V > N II. D > E III. D < E IV. D = E 

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 25 | Tags: mathematical inequalities     | mix     | Add Bounty

Direction: In the following question assuming the given statements to be true, find which of the conclusion among given conclusions is/are definitely true and then give your answers accordingly.

Statements: Z < P ≤ A = J ≥ T > N; T ≥ L = E; A < D; V < S > J > R

Conclusions:

I. V > N

II. D > E

III. D < E

IV. D = E 
1). Only III is true
2). Only I and III are true
3). Only II is true
4). Only I, III and IV are true

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |

Given statements: Z < P ≤ A = J ≥ T > N; T ≥ L = E; A < D; V < S > J > R

On combining: Z < P ≤ A = J ≥ T ≥ L = E; T > N; A < D; V < S > J > R.

Conclusions:

I. V > N → False (as V < S > J; J ≥ T; T > N; V < S > J ≥ T > N → thus clear relation between V and N cannot be determined).

II.  D > E → True (as A = J ≥ T ≥ L = E; A < D; D > A = J ≥ T ≥ L = E; D > E)

III. D < E → False (as A = J ≥ T ≥ L = E; A < D; D > A = J ≥ T ≥ L = E; D > E)

IV.  D = E → False (as A = J ≥ T ≥ L = E; A < D; D > A = J ≥ T ≥ L = E; D > E)

Therefore, only conclusions II is true.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Pick out the most effective word from the given options to fill in the blanks of the following question. 1. She stepped away to _______ at a guardsman then tugged the necklace on quickly. 2. I need a larger house for my family and I wish they would _______ the prices around here. 

2. Directions: Study the information carefully to answer the question that follows In an annual function, 504 children participated. The ratio of the number of girls to the number of boys is 5 : 3 respectively. Out of the total girls, 20% participated in dance and remaining girls participated in solo s

3. What will come in place of question mark (?) in the given number series? 476, 472, 462, 434, 352, ?

4. The total employees working in 3 branches of Company PQR are in the ratio of 7 : 5 : 8. The ratio changes to 15 : 11 : 17 when 400 new employees joined in each branch of the office. Find the total employees working in 3 offices together initially? 

5. If it is possible to form a word with the third, fourth, sixth and eight letters in the word ‘ACQUIESCENT’ write the last letter of the word formed. If no such word can be made give ‘X’ as the answer and if more than one such word can be made give ‘Y’ as the answer.

6. Focusing on plastic pollution, the June issue of the National Geographic magazine created quite a buzz on social media, contrary to expectations after the cover featured a plastic bag submerged in an ocean with a ’Planet or Plastic?’ text on it. Ironically, the magazine itself

7. Direction: In a college, there are total 280 students. The ratio of boys and girls is 4 : 3. In a college fest, they perform in 3 events viz. Singing, Dancing and Drama. In singing event, 50% of the total girls and 40% of the total boys perform. In dancing event, 30% of the total girls and 30% of th

8. Given below is a sentence with two blanks. Identify the correct order of words that can be used to fill in the given blanks. Market communication _______ change _______ in the online world. A) Dramatically B) Strategies C) Continual D) Linking E) Audience F) Advertising

9. Direction: In the given question, two equations numbered l and II are given. You have to solve both the equations and mark the appropriate answer. I. 16x2 – 16x + 3 = 0 II. 16y2 – 1 = 0

10. In the given question, a sentence is divided into five parts out of which the last part is correct. Out of the remaining parts, there are errors in three parts. Choose the part which doesn't have an error. If all the four parts are correct, mark E i.e all are correct as the answer. Keeping peop