ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Select the phrase/ connector (it must be at the start) from the given three options which can be used to form a single sentence from the two sentences given below, implying the same meaning as expressed in the statement sentences. Indira Gandhi was assassinated in 1984. Rajiv Gandhi became the Prime Minister. (i) When Indira Gandhi... (ii) Only before Rajiv Gandhi... (iii) Having been assassinated...

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 21 | Tags: grammar     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Select the phrase/ connector (it must be at the start) from the given three options which can be used to form a single sentence from the two sentences given below, implying the same meaning as expressed in the statement sentences.

Indira Gandhi was assassinated in 1984. Rajiv Gandhi became the Prime Minister.

(i) When Indira Gandhi...

(ii) Only before Rajiv Gandhi...

(iii) Having been assassinated...

1). Only (i)
2). Both (i) and (ii)
3). Both (ii) and (iii)
4). Both (i) and (iii)

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |

The correct answer is Option 1, i.e., 'Only (i)'.

Out of the given three options, the given sentences can be joined correctly as: 'When Indira Gandhi was assassinated in 1984, Rajiv Gandhi became the Prime Minister'.

Thus, only option (i) is correct.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Which of the phrases at places a:, b:, c: and d: given beloweach sentence should replace the phrases printed in bold in the following sentences to make the sentence grammatically correct. if the sentence is correct as it is and No correction is required?. mark e: as the answer.

2. In the following question, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and click the button corresponding to it. If the sentence is free from error, click the "No error" option. The dog had (A)/ catch the rabbit (B)/ in the garden. (C)/ No error (D)

3. What is the active/passive of - Whom does he look for

4. In the following question, out of four alternatives, select the word opposite in meaning to the word given. Tedious

5. In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.Women ____1____ up half the world?s population and

6. In the following question, four words are given out of which one word is incorrectly spelt. Select the incorrectly spelt word.

7. What is the synonym of word .Change

8. What is the active/passive of - Those who worked hard seldom obtained good marks.

9. Below is given a single word with options to its opposite meaning in different contexts. You have to select all those options which are antonyms of the word when the context is changed. Select the correct alternative from (1), (2), (3), (4) and (5) which represents all those antonyms.   SHABBY A) New B) Stout C) Tricky D) Decent

10. What is the synonym of word .Genuine