ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Nikhil is thrice as efficient as Kanak and can finish an assignment in 6 days less than Kanak. How many days Kanak will take to finish the same assignment?

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 76 | Tags: time and work     | numerical ability     | Add Bounty

Nikhil is thrice as efficient as Kanak and can finish an assignment in 6 days less than Kanak. How many days Kanak will take to finish the same assignment?
1). 4 days
2). 7 days
3). 9 days
4). 11 days

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |

Efficiency of Nikhil : Efficiency of Kanak = 3 : 1

Nikhil will take 1/3 time as compared to Sunita

Let us assume Kanak will take 3x days to complete an assignment and Nikhil will take x days.

⇒ 3x - x = 6

⇒ x = 3

∴ Kanak will take 3 × 3 = 9 days

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Find the value of the expression [{[(20 ÷ 2) + (15 ÷ 3)] + (50 – 20)} ÷ (6 + 3)] + (12 × 2) = ?

2. What should come in place of question mark ‘?’ in the following number series? 26, 144, 590, 1164, ?

3. Given below are two quantities named 1 and 2. Based on the given information, you have to determine the relation between the two quantities. You should use the given data and your knowledge of Mathematics to choose between the possible answers. Paul said to Pamela “I am three times as old as you were when I was half of what your age will be three years from now”. Sum of the ages Pamela and Paul is 50 years. Quantity 1: The age of Pamela. Quantity 2: The age of Paul.

4. In the following question, one or two equation(s) is/are given. You have to solve both the equations and find the relation between ‘x’ and ‘y’ and mark correct answer. I. 16x2 + 20x + 6 = 0 II. 10y2 + 38y + 24 = 0

5. Directions: In the following questions two equations numbered I and II are given. You have to solve both the equations and Give answer: I. 4x2 + 11x + 7 = 0 II. 3y2 - y - 14 = 0

6. Directions: Study the following paragraphs carefully to answer the questions that follow. In a programming competition, there were five programming languages. The languages were Java, Python, C, C# and PHP. The total number of participants was 1600. Both the women and the men had taken part in the c

7. With a speed of 15 km/hr in still water, a boat covers 78 km in 6 hours and 30 minutes going upstream. How much time will the boat take to cover the same distance downstream?

8. What should come in place of question mark ‘?’ in the following number series? 12, 27, ?, 75, 108

9. Two mixtures M1 and M2 contain mixture of two types of pulses P1 and P2. M1 and M2 contain P1 and P2 in the ratio of 4 : 5 and 8 : 3 respectively. M1 and M2 are mixed to form a third mixture. Now the ratio of P1 : P2 becomes 8 : 5 in the resultant mixture. Find the amount of pulses P2 in the M2, if the resultant quantity is 364 kg of pulses.

10. Find the difference between the simple interest on Rs. 6000 for 5 years at 15% rate and the simple interest on Rs. 5000 for 4 years at 20% rate.