ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which will improve the bracketed part of the sentence. In case no improvement is needed, select "no improvement".  There is something in a train journey that (was fascinated) a lot of people and I am one of them.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 41 | Tags: phrase replacement grammar     | phrase replacement     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which will improve the bracketed part of the sentence. In case no improvement is needed, select "no improvement". 

There is something in a train journey that (was fascinated) a lot of people and I am one of them.

1).

Has fascinated

2).

Have fascinated 

3).

Has fascinate

4).

No improvement 

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
Something = singular. 2) is ruled out. We are talking in the past tense => rule out 3). The thing itself isn't fascinated. It fascinated other people => rule out 4). Option 3) has fascinated is the correct answer

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following questions some of the sentences have errors and some have none. Find out which part of a sentence has an error. The number of that is your answer. If there is no then your answer is (4).

2. In the following question, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and click the option corresponding to it. If the sentence is free from error, click the "No error" option. At the college farewell (1), half of the students (2) participated in debate (3) besides the rest of the students composed a play. (4)

3. In the following question, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and click the button corresponding to it. If the sentence is free from error, click the 'No error' option. Fanny will been (A)/ there tomorrow (B)/ for the meeting. (C)/ No error (D)

4. I do not think the law will interfere with us as we are just trying to turn an honest penny .

5. Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blank in each sentence to make the sentence meaningfully complete.

6. In the following question, some part of the sentences have errors and some are correct. Find out which part of a sentence has an error. The number of that part is the answer. If a sentence is free from error, then your answer is (4) l.e., No error. I bought (1)/ two (2)/ slippers. (3)/ No error. (4)

7. Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error if any will be in one part of the sentence, the number of that part will be the answer. If there is no error, the answer is e:. i.e. No error?. (Ignore the errors of punctuation, if any.)

8. In each of the following sentences, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence.

9. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.We have been knowing (1)/ each other (2)/ since we were children. (3)/ No error. (4).

10. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).The tribunal has postponed the hearing to December 15.