ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the question given below, the sentence is divided into three parts I, II and III. For each part an alternate statement is also given. You have to determine if a part requires correction, and then mark that as your answer. Mats Palmberg, Vice President for industrial partnerships at Saab, said sh

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 26 | Tags: english language     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the question given below, the sentence is divided into three parts I, II and III. For each part an alternate statement is also given. You have to determine if a part requires correction, and then mark that as your answer.

Mats Palmberg, Vice President for industrial partnerships at Saab, said should his company/bag the deal, in the first instant, 18 of the 114 aircrafts will be made in Sweden with Indians being present / at the manufacturing facility there to acquaint themselves with the technology and manufacturing processes. 

I. Mats Palmberg, Vice President for industrial partnerships at Saab, said if his company

II. bag the deal, in the first instance, 18 of the 114 aircrafts will be made in Sweden with Indians being present 

III. at the manufacturing facility there to acquaint themselves to the technology and manufacturing processes. 

1). I only
2). II only 
3). Both I and II
4). Both II and III

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |

The error lies in part 2.

The sentence uses the noun 'instant', which means a moment. This is incorrect here.

The context suggests that the word is used to mean 'in first case', which suggests that the correct word here should be the noun 'instance', which means 'example' or 'case'.

Parts 1 and 3 are grammatically correct and hence do not require any corrections.

Therefore, the correct answer is option 2.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+4)
Submit: