ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the question given below, a sentence is given and is divided into three parts I, II and III. For each part, a correction statement is also given. You have to determine which part requires correction and mark it as your answer. James Fowler, whom was an American theologian,/ felt that our unders

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 23 | Tags: grammar     | mix     | Add Bounty

In the question given below, a sentence is given and is divided into three parts I, II and III. For each part, a correction statement is also given. You have to determine which part requires correction and mark it as your answer.

James Fowler, whom was an American theologian,/ felt that our understanding and practice of faith and spirituality proceeds/ through a series of stages that extend throughout the lifetime.

I. James Fowler, who was an American theologian,

II. felt that our understanding and practice of faith and spirituality proceed

III. through a series of stages that extend throughout an lifetime.

1). Only III
2). Both I and III
3). Only I
4). Only II

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |

The error lies in the I part of the sentence. Whom should be replaced with who.

'Whom' should be used to refer to the object of a verb or preposition. ‘Who’ should be used to refer to the subject of a sentence. Here, the subject is James Fowler, hence we must use who after his name.

Hence the correct answer is option 3.

Correct sentence:

James Fowler, who was an American theologian, felt that our understanding and practice of faith and spirituality proceeds through a series of stages that extend throughout the lifetime.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, four words are given in bold. One of these words may be wrongly spelt or used inappropriately, given the context. Find that word and mark it as your answer. If all words are correct, then mark option (5), viz, All correct. Miss Baxter had evidently (1) divined (2) my perterbation (3) and hastened  to explain. (4) All Correct (5)

2. Select the phrase/connector from the given options which can be used to form a single sentence from the two sentences given below, implying the same meaning as expressed in the statement sentences. Swimming is a great workout. You need to move your whole body against the resistance of the water. Despite being a great workout Moving your whole body Because you need to move

3. In the given question, a sentence with a part of it missing and represented by a blank is given. There is an error in part B of the sentence. Choose the phrase that can be placed in the given blank to make a meaningful and grammatically correct sentence. Little did anyone know that the seemingly trivial incident (A) would soon insight one of the worst instances of communal violence (B) this neighbourhood has ever seen (C) __________________________ (D).

4. Read the sentence to find out whether there is any error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is (5). Several creatures have (A)/ been gifted by God in (B)/ various gifts like beauty, (C)/ strength, intelligence. (D)

5. Directions: Study the following information carefully and answer the questions which follow: ‘M + N’ means ‘M is father of N’‘M % N’ means ‘M is mother of N’‘M @ N’ means ‘M is husband of N’‘M - N’ means &lsquo

6. Find out the approximate value which should replace the question mark (?) in the following question. 105.01% of 7498.97 - 3/7% of 5739.9 + 20.15 = ?

7. Directions: Read the following information carefully and answer the questions given below it. A ÷ B means A is the father of B. A + B means A is the mother of B. A - B means A is the brother of B. A × B means A is the sister of B. A % B means A is the wife of B.Which of the following shows that M is uncle of T?

8. Directions: Study the information given below carefully and answer the questions that follow. A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H and I are nine friends. I is standing just in middle of D and C. B is 2 km South of A and D is 4 km South of C. A is 4 km West of C. E is 5 km West of D while F is 5 km East of C and G is 5 km North of E.Distance between A and I is?

9. The following question consists of a sentence with one blank only. You are given six words as answer choices and from the six choices you have to pick up two correct answers, either of which will make the sentence meaningfully complete. The diffusion of agriculture and later on iron was accompanied

10. Directions: In the question below are given four statements followed by three conclusions numbered I, II, and III. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance with commonly known facts. Read all the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions l