ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence. I do not want song and a dance at this moment.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 25 | Tags: vocabulary     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence.

I do not want song and a dance at this moment.

1). Involvement of others
2). An excuse
3). Unnecessary problem
4). Chaos

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
The idiom 'song and a dance' means 'an excuse.' Thus option 2 is the correct answer.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. What is the antonym or opposite of word ABOLISHED

2. he is so furious that he would go through fire and water to revenge himself on his foe .

3. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase.The action of repeating something aloud from memory.

4. Read the passage given below carefully and then answer the questions given below the passage. Scarce diamonds are more valuable than the clusters of small crystals known as bort and Carbonado. These diamonds are large single crystals of genuine crystalline carbon. Diamonds are found in diamantifer

5. DISMAL

6. What is the substitute of - One who knows many languages

7. In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case. Today, twenty?two years after the bank (1), it ha

8. P- It had been umpteen years since we had seen each other.  Q- One dull dark day in autumn, I was travelling on horseback through a dreary stretch of countryside.  R- This was the house of Roderick Usher, who had been my childhood pal.  S- At nightfall, I came in sight of the house of Usher. 

9. What is the meaning of idiom - End in smoke

10. Fill in the blank with the correct word.    Since there was a _________ of power, military power was called into the state to restore order.