ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

A sentence/a part of the sentence is underlined. Four alternatives are given to the underlined part which will improve the meaning of the sentence. Choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. In case no improvement is needed, click the option corresponding to 'No improvement'. Raghu is a coward man who never takes any decision on his own.  

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 27 | Tags: phrase replacement grammar     | phrase replacement     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

A sentence/a part of the sentence is underlined. Four alternatives are given to the underlined part which will improve the meaning of the sentence. Choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. In case no improvement is needed, click the option corresponding to 'No improvement'.

Raghu is a coward man who never takes any decision on his own.  

1). cowardly man 
2). coward men 
3). cowardly woman 
4). No improvement 

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |

Correct option - 1

Here, concept of adjective is brought under consideration. "Coward" is a noun and "man" is a noun. Hence, replace it with adjective cowardly. Thus, option 1 is the correct answer.

Corrected sentence:

Raghu is a cowardly man who never takes any decision on his own. 

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence. I am broke I need to ask my mother for some money.

2. What is the antonym or opposite of word AFFABLE

3. Read the passage carefully and select the best answer to each question out of the given four alternatives. Religious architecture forms a major portion of India’s built heritage. These structures are not only unwritten documents of history, they are also stamps of the might of the rulers who bui

4. Directions: In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words/ phrases are suggested, on of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word/ phrase in each case.Greenhouse gases are o

5. Why do you fight shy of me ?

6. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - " Suppose you children go out for a nice long walk " , she said.

7. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.The other day my sister told me /(A) that she will be moving /(B) to her new apartment very soon./(C) No error (D)

8. Modern biotechnology especially the creation of genetically modified crops is often presented as a magic solution or universal panacea for the problems of poverty inadequate nutrition across the world Conversely there are people who present the picture of tech generated monsters and major human heal

9. When times are hard, doomsayers are aplenty. The problem is that if you listen to them too carefully, you tend to overlook the most obvious signs of change. 2011 was a bad year. Can 2012 be any worse? Doomsday forecasts are the easiest to make these days. So let's try a contrarian's forecast instead

10. A sentence has been given in Active/Passive Voice. Out of the four given alternatives, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active Voice.  The men put up the show efficiently.