ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following sentence, four words or phrases have been printed in bold. One bold part in the sentence is wrongly spelt. Pick up that part and mark its number. If there are no errors in the bold parts, mark (5) i.e. 'No error' as the answer. Our cousin, who recides in Doha, is going to come to stay with us for a month. 

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 15 | Tags: vocabulary     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following sentence, four words or phrases have been printed in bold. One bold part in the sentence is wrongly spelt. Pick up that part and mark its number. If there are no errors in the bold parts, mark (5) i.e. 'No error' as the answer.

Our cousin, who recides in Doha, is going to come to stay with us for a month

1). Recides
2). Going
3). Stay
4). Month

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
The word resides which means 'have one's permanent home in a particular place' $has been misspelt as ‘recides’, which makes the sentence incorrect. It needs to be corrected to ‘resides’. Hence, option 1 is the correct answer.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following passage, there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested. One of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.The first proposal I submitted for my dissertatio

2. In the following sentence, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose the alternative that indicates 'No improvement.' But all the while, the days grew shorter and the nights were colder than they ought to had. A. Than they ought not to be B. Than they ought to have been C. Than they oughtn't be

3. In the question below, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed choose ‘No improvement’. Since he had parked on this side, his car was toed away.

4. In the following sentence, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose the option ‘No improvement’. As per the opportunity cost of producing extra units of goods increases after a point, there is no need to observe them in advance. A. As soon as B. Because C. As to D. As far as 

5. The sentences given with blanks are to be filled with an appropriate word(s). Four alternatives are suggested for each question. For each question, choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it.I've _____ finished painting the house.

6. In the following question, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and click the option corresponding to it. If the sentence is free from error, click the 'No error' option. Being in a relationship (A) or marriage is not about romance, (B) sex and a undefined (C) fantasy called 'true love'. (D)

7. Directions: Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words/phrases have been printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions. When times are hard, doomsayers are aplenty. The problem is that if you listen to them too carefull

8. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Read carefully. Last week, a Jet Airways flight from Mumbai to Jaipur had to return within 45 minutes, after the pilots reportedly “forgot” to turn on th

9. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'.I am coming directly(A)/to my office(B)/from the station.(C)/No error(D)

10. INADVERTENT