ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In each of the given questions, a sentence/word in bold type is given. The phrase/word may be either wrongly spelt or inappropriate in the context of the sentence. Find out that word/sentence, if any. If no option fits the instructions, mark 'No improvement' as your answer. I expected the documentary to be quite serious and intelligent but it turned out to be a farcical representation of the 19th century England.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 19 | Tags: vocabulary     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In each of the given questions, a sentence/word in bold type is given. The phrase/word may be either wrongly spelt or inappropriate in the context of the sentence. Find out that word/sentence, if any. If no option fits the instructions, mark 'No improvement' as your answer.

I expected the documentary to be quite serious and intelligent but it turned out to be a farcical representation of the 19th century England.

1). Ironic
2). Iconoclastic
3). Sardonic
4). Coincidental

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |

No improvement is needed in this sentence.

'Farcical' means 'relating to or resembling farce, especially because of absurd or ridiculous aspects'.$

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following questions, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and click the button corresponding to it. If the sentence is free from error, click the 'No error' option.Had I been (A) / in my brother's position (B) / I would have refused the offer. (C) / No Error (D)

2. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'. Not too long then, the (1)/ lodge was the only (2)/ place to stay here. (3)/No Error (4)

3. Directions: Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Pay careful attention. Fossils are the preserved remains of plants or animals. For such remains to be considered fossils, scientists have decided they ha

4. In the following question, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and click the button corresponding to it. If the sentence is free from error, click the "No error" option. They were returning (A)/ home since a decade (B)/ with unknown expectations. (C)/ No Error (D)

5. If the following words will arrange in the sequence as they appear in the dictionary, then what will be the sequence as per the dictionary order? 1. ENTITY 2. ENTRY 3. ENTIRE 4. ENTRANCE 5. ENTAIL

6. The following sentence is broken into four parts and two parts may contain an error in them. Find out the combination which contains an error. If the sentence is free from error, mark no error. He often travels through the world (A)/ and collects souvenirs and rare stones (B)/ from each country he visits because he believes at (C)/ the calming effect of these stones. (D)

7. Read the following passage carefully and answer the question given below it.Certain words/phrase have-been printed in the bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions. King Hutamasan felt he had everything in the world not only due to his riches and his noble knights but becau

8. Read the following passage carefully and answer the question given below it. Certain words/phrases have been printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions. There was a country long time ago where the people would change a king every year. The person who would become

9. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the given word and click the button corresponding to it. LENIENT

10. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice. The painters are painting my house.